The pictures are of a brush type 4 pole DC servo motor from my M3X CNC milling machine. It dropped a magnet and it cost me just short of a $1,000.00 to get it repaired. In an attempt to find a replacement servo motor I turned the internet wrong side out and did not find a match or a motor sharing the same the design characteristics. Even though my machine is back up and running I still want to locate the source for the motor. Do any of you have any knowledge of the motor? The red anodized housing is not part of the original motor.

I know that several M3X CNC control owners have abandoned your control. Where are the components? If you have a M3X control that is dead due to the 486 computer then I just recently up graded my control to Pentium III for $125.00 (last picture). I replaced the 486 BIOTEC main board with a passive backplane ($45.00) in which I installed an Advantech PCA-6103VE Pentium III 850 mHz single board computer ($49.00). The balance of the $125.00 was spent on shipping and other items such as an AT to ATX keyboard adapter, nylon main board stand offs, brass main board stand offs and screws. I did not include the power supply* because it was totally unnecessary and it required removing and re-drilling the industrial computer chassis, however, it does go well with the surroundings. The AT power supply has an AC outlet for the monitor whereas the ATX power supply required an AC splitter cord shown in the upper left corner.

For less than $100 I decided to insure against future failure by buying two of everything. I would much rather have my wife throw it in my casket with all of my other treasure than to have to repair the control again.

Ron

* New computers have the power supply in the bottom of the chassis so the fan is located on the top of the power supply. As drilled it would have placed the fan up against the top of the control cabinet.

Attachment 288484
Attachment 288486
Attachment 288488
Attachment 288482