586,108 active members*
3,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Bridgeport heidenhain controller?????

I'm running a Bridgeport Series II Interact 4 with Heidenhain 155b controller and trying to input the following program:

0-BEGIN PGM 1 INCH
    1-TOOL DEF 1 l=1.5 R=1.004
    2-TOOL CALL 1 Z S-1000
    3- CYCL DEF 5.0 CIRCULAR POCKET
    4- 5.1-SETUP -.25
    5- 5.2-DEPTH -.50
    6- 5.3-PECK -.50
    7- 5.4-RADIUS 1.004
    8- 5.5- FEED F100 DR-
    9- CYCL CALL M13
    10- STOP

HERE'S MY PROBLEM: the first time i entered this program it worked great and then the next time I entered it the spindle dropped to the proper depth and started turning and I then get a "WRONG AXIS PROGRAMMED"
    I looked under error messages and this referes to axis entries that have no value entered and you are suppose to use the end block key. I've tried every conceivable combination and nothing works.
    Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??????

Ben

You may need an x y and z move before the cycle call.
    Insert before the cycle call:
    L IX0 IY0 IZ0 R0 F100

or somesuch
    and see if that fixes it

BLOCK FORM Z X-100 Y-100 Z-100
    X+100 Y+100 Z+0
    (the block form should look like this)

0-BEGIN PGM 1 INCH
    1-TOOL DEF 1 l=1.5 R=1.004
    2-TOOL CALL 1 Z S-1000
    3- CYCL DEF 5.0 CIRCULAR POCKET
    4- 5.1-SETUP +.25
    5- 5.2-DEPTH -.50
    6- 5.3-PECK -.50
    7- 5.4-RADIUS 1.004
    8- 5.5- FEED F100 DR+
    9- L X0 Y0 R0 FMAX
    10- L Z +.25 R0 FMAX
    11- CYCL CALL M13
    12- L Z100 R0 FMAX
    10- STOP M2

Try this one, i've changed some things for you, I work with these programs daily.
    I typed it out of my head, that means, you need to program this program as close as you can than it will work.
    If it is possible you better use the block form function (I cannot subscribe it out of my head now)
    Then you can simulate it before yoe let the machine run, less chance of crashes.

greatings

Ernst Bloemendaal (Netherlands)

Ben
    do you have a wiring schematic for your machine? i needdiagram #1935749 to rewire my mill. i.ll be happy to pay for copying and mailing. please let me know
    Dar
    [email protected]

anyone with knowledge in programming itnc 530 heidenhain in conversational or converting macterscam post to heidenhain tremont to rum create program from mastercam thanks.

Unhappy oh oh oh

now i have a problem i,ve never had before. while running the mill in manual[heavy cut] my wife turned on air conditioning spindle stopped.i turned off power and checked fuse box.everything was working fine.restarted mill screen says power interupted. pushed clear button. screen now says [y measuring system defective] now what to do i am not an electrician unless its simple. can anyone help please.ps now it won,t let me zero out so i can do nothing. thanks for any help
    Dar
    email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Dar View Post
    now i have a problem i,ve never had before. while running the mill in manual[heavy cut] my wife turned on air conditioning spindle stopped.i turned off power and checked fuse box.everything was working fine.restarted mill screen says power interupted. pushed clear button. screen now says [y measuring system defective] now what to do i am not an electrician unless its simple. can anyone help please.ps now it won,t let me zero out so i can do nothing. thanks for any help
    Dar
    email [email protected]
    machine model, controller model, servo model?

Hi!

Error message [y measuring system defective] coimes from the Y-axis measuring system. On your case I think the encoder on the motor. Except if you have scales installed.
    You could change the X1 and X2 and see if the error shifts to X-axis.
    If it is still on Y, then your controls measuring system card is broken.
    Easy test. If the error shifts to X, then it is the motor encoder/scale.

Jukka