586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

technical question

This is a lynx 200 lathe , start to pull 50 to 80 amps normally on idle , start at 50 and goes up to 80 and shuts down , we trace up to the inverter and on the entrance of the 3 face is the load not showing any load (amps) on the motor if is not working like should be
    we send it to repair but they say it is ok they tested and work fine no problem found on the inverter , we connected after receive it and same problem does any one have any idea what else can be .
    another board ?

this unit is a beta unit and has the spindle , x and y servo on the same unit
    the unit # is A06B - 6143 - H203#A

any idea

Re: technical question

Hello Daniel

I think you have X and Z, not Y axis, but that isn't important at this point.

I didn't understand you very well... You have checked spindle servo drive and everything is good with him?
    And your problem is big load on spindle motor (80A)?

Does machine gives you any alarm? Please check history and post me here what you have in last two pages. And please make some photos of regulation circuit and some photos of alarm history, if you are able to do that.

Best regards,
    Samir

Samir20 sec

yes is x and z , is no my machine actually is my friend ,

the voltage is high on the building so he is using back bust transformers one of them fail so he replace them for a 3kva ( he has 2kva) the machine start to shut off after 6 hrs work and start to get worst until the capacitor on the inverter blow up remember this unit has the spindle and the servos on the same box, he replace the capacitor and still has the problem , 55 amps to 75 amps at the main breaker .getting about 50 to 55 amps at the 3 face cables connected to the inverter , the unit shut off after 20 sec , the inverter was set to fix and they found nothing wrong wit it ,
    he disconnect the spindle check the cables with an ohm meter and looks normal at least there is not a short , any way he baypass the contactor to check if the motor now disconnected was causing the problem , nut still pulling amps he disconnect the servo code pulse , still the problem , he disconnect the spindle link ( a cable from the control to the box ) and normal , connect one servo code pulse ( x or z ) no problem , connect both x and y pulling amps again

the spindle motor cables does not show any amp or voltage when is connected and the inverter is pulling amps .

i was thinking on the spindle motor to has a problem but as he disconected the motor and bypass the contactor and problem persist , i do not what to think

connectig the spindle motor and disconnecting the servo motors and the pulse coder no problem until he connect the spindle link cable when amps start again

Hmm...

If you have problem only when you connect spindle servo drive, and you told me earlier that servo drive unit was on repair and they didn't find nothing wrong on it and your spindle motor is good too, then only posible faulty thing is power supply unit.

Can you please send me one picture of your control box and one picture of spindle drive unit?

I will send you my e-mail address in private message.

Best regards,
    Samir

Samir

this is picture from internet but is to show you the kind of driver , the power supply unit is integrated with the spindle and servo on the same box , the number of the drive is A06B-6134-H203#A and i now is a Beta drive

http://www.gaojijie.com/UploadFile/2010824105952932.jpg

i will get the actual picture of the machine and send it to your email .

thanks

solved

the electric power provider finally make changes on the incoming power to the building and at this time is normal and the machine works fine , i still think that with the transformers the measurements where ok before , looks like some component was barely damage and just operate on a lower voltage than before , the machine is working on 200v between faces when exceed 220 v start to pull AMPS