586,096 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 850sx diagnostic manual

Acramatic 850sx diagnostic manual

Anyone have one? I had to fix my duplomatic bsa200 turret and now I'm trying to re-time it to the machine and i have the 900tc diagnostic manual for some reason. thanks

Re: Acramatic 850sx diagnostic manual

or just a wiring diagram for the turret supply. the one with the duplomatic manual isn't in depth enough

What do you mean be "re- timing " the turret?? What problem are you having?? What is the error on the screen??

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Well I have it troubleshot down almost i think. I had some inside repairs to do on the turret, got it back together and now it just keeps indexing and wont go to position, by timing i meant the encoder, which is correct in its setting. Ive found that the control is picking up the indexing sensor and the locking sensor and they are gapped correctly. what is happening is that the solenoid is not getting the 24 v signal that it is supposed to. everything seems to check out as far as settings and wiring, I ran the analyzer and it looks like the strobe isn't hitting at the right time. Im getting turret error 5 when I hit turret jog, if I manually push the solenoid down it stops correctly and clamps, Ive run a jumper and verified that the solenoid is functional. I can't figure out why the solenoid isn't getting its signal. Thanks for the help

which looking through the diagnostic manual i have for the other control I can see it probably wouldn't be a help

JB,
    I may still have one for a Sabre 1000. I doubt it would be of any use to you though.

Im not sure, my encoder is timed correctly, and in the system module it is picking everything up, i either crossed a wire, which i don't think happened, or i lost my board.

there is a board next to it thats identical, i'll swap em to see, theres nothing else i can't find, no relays or anthing

well i'm definitely stumped, board swap made no change in behavior or errors. in the i/o monitor everything seems to be giving signal, it just won't lock itself, i have to manually engage the solenoid to get the turret to lock, maybe the prox sensors aren't exactly right, i double checked my interpretation on how they should be correctly set and it seems right, if they were bad would they still give signal to the i/o monitor? the only thing i can think of now is the lag times are off, i can't seem to find a way to remedy that situation. so if anyone knows on that it would be a big help in at least crossing something else off the list. thanks for reading

Give Mike Trunk a call at Fives Group. He is the 850 expert.

It ended up being the diode that is jumpered between the blue and brown wire that supplies the solenoid with power, whew, that is a relief, thought it was going to be a $900 encoder. Gotta love $.030 fixes. Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it guys