586,121 active members*
3,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle Drive Alarm AL-03??

Anyone know what an alarm AL-03 means on a 6I spinndle board? (A06B-6060-H007) Trying to get an old machine working, ad keep getting this alarm about 15 seconds after the control boots. I need to buy the manual for the drive, but hoping somene could fill in the blank. Fanuc is closed for the holiday. Thanks for your help

Sean

Dont have the book here at home but did find this. Its a google automatic translation from chinese but might point ya in the right direction.

3 Burning DC insurance Alarm (LED AL-03) on the three-phase rectifier bridge rectifier to 200V AC 300 V DC. After a transistor module for insurance, insurance panels at both ends of the voltage detection, too, have this report. 1.1. 用万用表检查主轴伺服单元的直流保险是否断开,如果是断路,更换后再查后面的大电容和晶体管模块,如果有短 路的,必须解决后才能通电。Using Multimeter check whether insurance axis DC servo unit apart, if the traffic, check back later to replace the large capacitance and transistor module, if short, must be resolved before they can be energized.

2.2. 检查主控制板与单元的连接插座是否紧。Check whether the main panels and modules socket connections tight.

Bob

Made leg of the three phase.

We had the AL-03 error code and really I don't understand what the code means.

I need to order the manual for the spindle drive but through a bit of luck, trial and error, plus a genius electrician we solved the problem.

In our case it we are using a home built rotary 3-phase converter based on a 10 hp motor. The legs of our system are not perfectly balanced yet and when we switched the legs around the error went away. It seems that it has something to do with the voltage in the system and moving the "made" leg of the system solved the problem.

-mrk

Re: Spindle Drive Alarm AL-03??

In my case, the 2 resistors R51 and R52 on the DC buss were open. The resistors are on the main board of the Spindle Amplifier (not on the communications board).
    Replace the 2 resistors at it might solve your problem.