586,033 active members*
3,044 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Haoyu TB6600

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Haoyu TB6600 stepper drivers from eBay for my CNC machine. Unfortunately, I saw the big thread regarding these drivers after I had purchased them, so I'm hoping to make the most out of what I have before resorting to buying higher quality drivers.

Currently, the issue that I'm having is that I cannot get the stepper motors to move. They receive power just fine from the driver, as I can hear the motor "jump" a bit once I turn on the power, and I cannot turn the shaft of the motors once powered on. However, when I try to operate them manually through Repetier Host, nothing happens.

My setup is a RAMPS 1.4 board + Arduino Mega 2560, using Repetier firmware. I've done the wiring by following this wiring diagram:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=289440&stc=1

I recall reading that the enable pins on these drivers can be completely ignored, however that did not seem to solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Haoyu TB6600

Use a 'scope or a meter on AC volts to verify you are getting step and direction signals to the correct pins. Verify enable is where you expect it.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

When using the volt meter, the CLK pin would receive a pulse when moving the axis in either direction. The DIR pin switched between a higher voltage (~4V) and almost no voltage at all, when I changed the direction of movement. The enable pin seemed to stay at 4V the whole time. The strange thing is that all of these voltage readings were negative values (ex. readings of -4V). Also, the pulse received at the CLK pin was very small, around 0.2V.

I've attached pictures of how I have the stepper driver wired to the RAMPS board, perhaps I have the wiring wrong?
    Attachment 289560

Attachment 289562

Why are you looping CLK+ to DIR+ to EN+? Is that red wire going from there to ground on the RAMPS board? That should be CLK- to DIR- to EN-... to ground. Then CLK+ is the clock signal from RAMPS and DIR+ is the DIR signal from RAMPS. If you haven't burned it out already. That's why your readings were negative.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

oh... hang on... that red wire is to +5 on the RAMPS? then that should be ok. I don't know why they would do it that way, but it should work... If the step pulse was tiny, then something is interfering with it. Try disconnecting that line from the driver and measure it again... if the reading is nice and strong, then the driver is pulling it down. If it's still weak, somethings wrong on the RAMPs board.

Did you mean disconnecting the red line from the driver and then checking the readings again?

No, I mean disconnect the step line... the D- in your diagram or CLK- on your driver so that the driver can't possibly be messing the signal up, then test and see if the RAMPs board is putting out a nice strong pulse. If it is, and then signal gets weak again (0.2V) when you re-connect it, the driver is dragging down the signal. If it's weak no matter what, then the problem is in the RAMPs board.