586,080 active members*
3,723 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Matsuura MC-500V Tool Changer Problem

I have a Matsuura MC-500V mini master w/ a Yasnac 3000G control. When attempting to perform a Tool change either in a program or in MDI I get an Alarm 25 along with a 551 code in the following format. 551..25. I have checked the micro switches but they all seem to be working. I also checked the pressure switch however I found that the previous owner disconnected it which leads me to believe they were having problems with it as well. Any of you on this board experienced anything like this? This thing is starting to drive me foolish. I get one issue fixed and 2 more pop-up, at least it seems that way.

Thanks,
    nlh

Hi. I Had the same problem on my Nakamura tw-10. I called the service tech and he said that the turret is not clamped and the milling knock LS is off. To remedy it, he had me press the turret index button and the feed hold button simsutaneously. It worked! Anyway, I understand you have a different machine but try it anyway. You have niothing to lose. Good luck!

Check the switches for the Z axis.Especially the home position switch.
    Ok, you said you checked the switches but maybe you forgot one.

toolchanger

wow those codes sound familiar i worked on a 1988 matssura 760 in 2000 and i remember those codes im pretty sure i have a (how to remedy) in my note book, because it was a comon problem ill look for it next time im at my shop,

I have problems with matsuura mc500v m5g(nc). We lost the nc manual. Could someone help me out? Thank you very much!:withstupi :withstupi

How can I get the NC manual please? My e-mail: [email protected] thank you!

Hello, you can check information about Matsuuras here:
    http://www.acmanufacturing.com/elist.htm
    There are specifications included.

The last resort to get a complete manual will be to contact Matsuura directly:
    www.matsuura.co.jp I recently tried to find manuals to older Matsuura machines and it is not easy.

Chris.
    -------------------
    Cnc Machine shop

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    I have a Matsuura MC-500V mini master w/ a Yasnac 3000G control. When attempting to perform a Tool change either in a program or in MDI I get an Alarm 25 along with a 551 code in the following format. 551..25. I have checked the micro switches but they all seem to be working. I also checked the pressure switch however I found that the previous owner disconnected it which leads me to believe they were having problems with it as well. Any of you on this board experienced anything like this? This thing is starting to drive me foolish. I get one issue fixed and 2 more pop-up, at least it seems that way.

Thanks,
    nlh
    i am facing same problem on mc500v with yasnac 3000g,can you pl suggest
    kamal

First-Can you reference the machine-x,y,z
    Second--Can you put the machine in manual and put a tool in the spindle
    Third---Has the machine in mdi been sent to tool change position--these older machine used to use O8000 or O9000 progams to do this--------or type in,
    G00G91G30Z0
    G00G91G30X0Y0M19
    G90
    LAST---When you precall the tool like t1 does the magazine move----does it reconise t1 positon------some things to check and hope it helps

thanks a lot for your reply.
    first i would like to inform you that we have just purchased this mcn and this problem started coming after we have replaced both the batteries and we have re entered the parameters, presently there is no programme of offsets stored in the memory.
    -Can you reference the machine-x,y,z-------yes i can
    -Can you put the machine in manual and put a tool in the spindle------yes i can.
    -Has the machine in mdi been sent to tool change position--these older machine used to use O8000 or O9000 progams to do this-------when we do Z home ,ATC ready/ home led goes on. how to find out tool change position.
    -----------------------------------------
    -i have tried-
    this program in MDI after moving all axis away from home positions

G0G17G40G49G80G90
    G91G30Y0Z0M19
    T1
    M6
    -it seems this can be done block wise only?
    -when i do the first block nothing happens but when i do the 2nd block alarm 14 comes.?

i also tried
    G0G17G40G49G80G90
    G91G28Y0Z0M19
    T1
    M6
    -by doing this block wise
    when i do first block nothing hapens and when i do 2nd block y and z go zero position but there is no tool change.
    ---------------------------------

-or type in,
    G00G91G30Z0
    G00G91G30X0Y0M19
    G90
    - i will igve you feed back by doing this tommorow.

LAST---When you precall the tool like t1 does the magazine move--- no
    -does it reconise t1 positon--- when by manual indexing we bring tool position 1 in front of spindle and then we give m6 and t1 command alarm 25 does not come.?
    ---some things to check and hope it helps----------kindly devote some time we will be greatful
    reagrds
    kamal

Hi
    The G00G91G30Z0.-first takes the z safely away from the table
    The G00G91G30X0----X-is the most important one and the center of the table should be directly under the spindle and y should remain at home--these machines used to have half guards around the table with a cutout at the back-if x was not in the right position -indexing the tools ripped the guards off--so its important on the machine to be at that 2nd reference to do the tool change
    Did you find the Manual for this machine yet?

matsuura tool change alarm 25 comes

thanks,

G00G91G30Z0.-when we tried this ,z does not go to home and alarm comes.

G00G91G30X0---when we tried this ,x does not go to home and alarm comes.

but when we did G91G28 X0Y0Z0M19----- x y and z go to home.but still when we try tool change with m6 alarm 25 comes.?

Did you find the Manual for this machine yet?-- yes i have the operator manual.

pl suggest.

kamal

HI
    Program like this
    G00G91G28Z0M19(Home position)
    G00G28X0Y0
    ()
    G00G30X0Y0Z0(Second reference or tool change position)
    G90
    On some older controls you had to send to home before 2nd Reference position
    If it does not move to second reference position good chance you do not have any values set in the parameters-check paremeter list for 2nd ref and put origianl values in if you have them-On Monday i will try and find orignal progams for this type of machine for you
    Takecare Laird

thanks,
    2nd ref point paraeter is 0 only.
    can you pl take out some time send us details of paraeters and some solution.
    thanks for all your efforts and help.
    regards
    kamal

Hi Any parameters you get from another machine for 2nd reference is dangerous and even ones in the original book may not have been updated the last time the atc was aligned

Send the machine home-----check pos screen that machine reads zero in x,y,z

2nd reference pos-------(g30)
    y----this axis should be ok at paremeter setting 0
    x----Move the machine to the table is centered under the spindle--from your position screen find out what that number is (x-150.0 eg)-enter this value for 2nd ref under x axis
    z----move the machine down in z and manualy rotate the atc arm to fits in the groove of the tool -record the position and put in the parameters
    This should give you a good starting point

eg(example)
    y= o
    x= -150000
    z= -5000
    Hope this helps

hi, I think you need the nc manual, i have a mc500v but it has problem with the serial port . it's control is yasnac m3000g .you can find the manual on yaskawa website. i hope it can help. tim

go to the yasnac website for the manuals

if you still have problems finding then i will make you a copy of mine and email. but i'm sure that all the manuals are availible. i have a problem of my own. somehow or another i wiped all of my machines parameters. would anyone be willing to give me a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by ptkk View Post
    i am facing same problem on mc500v with yasnac 3000g,can you pl suggest
    kamal

I have same machine. I am geting some difficulties? I have no electrical diagram. Do you have? Will you help me? If pl ease reply on my e mail [email protected]

thanking you

Devang

I have same machine Matsuura MC-500V mini master M5G Yasnac 3000G control

I Have no electrical diagram. I am getting some troube. Do you have electrical?
    Will you help me?

Thanking you

Devang

Page 1 of 2 12