586,060 active members*
4,521 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

yoocnc 3040 limit switch problems

Hi all !

I'm new in the world of CNC, i got a good understanding of electromechanical stuff and computer, but im stuck while trying to set my home limit switch.

I got a limit switch on X, Y and Z, im trying to set them in the port input setup and each time im triggering Y i got an e-stop. The CNC isnt mine, my friend had pluged the 3 limit switch with a 9v battery with led for his origin, i've studied Mach3 and found that i could set up the limit switch in the program and avoid breaking anything. There's a 6 pin (male) identified limit switch with X,Y,Z, on the YOOCNC board, so i pick up an old 6 pins (female) connector i had and plugged the 3 limit switch on the board, i've searched on the net and on this forum for info on setting them in Mach3, tried some stuff and i dont understand why the e-stop keep going up each time i trigger the Y.

I started by setting X home, Y home and Z home all at port # 1. Then the pins X-home - 10, Y - 11 and Z - 12. When i REF ALL, the Z work, then it goes to Y and E-stop goes on. I've tried manualy the limit switch, the X and the Z works but the Y always pop up the E-stop. I've read about noise... I've unplugged the e-stop button on the controler, didnt work neither, so i guess my problem isnt noise. This morning i scrolled down the input and found that e-stop had 10 for pins, i though i had found the problem and was stupid haha , tried some combination with pins from 10-13 and 15, but the e-stop keep poping up.

I usualy try to find and correct most problems by myself with all the info we can find on the net and spending time to think about the whole thing, but now i just cant understand what im doing wrong.

I'm a french canadian for Quebec, my main language is french, sorry if i give headaches to those that gonna read this

Thanks a lot for any help you guys can provide me !

Meitral

Edit : I've tested some more stuff while watching kids playing in the garage ; I've unplugged the e-stop, unplugged the 6 pins connectors for the limit switch and tried to trigger them dirrectly on the board. Z and Y doesnt trigger the e-stop, but when i jumped the X, the e-stop pop up.

Can the board has some problem or there's a setting in mach3 that isnt right ?

Thanks

Re: yoocnc 3040 limit switch problems

Have you used the diagnostic screen and watch the green led to light up? For the controller ( bob) the see which pins does what. In Mach pins setting select a group of pins and assigned them to be active and use the screen to see what happens.

Re: yoocnc 3040 limit switch problems

Quote Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
    Have you used the diagnostic screen and watch the green led to light up? For the controller ( bob) the see which pins does what. In Mach pins setting select a group of pins and assigned them to be active and use the screen to see what happens.
    sorry for my late reply, thanks a lot for yours.

Yeah i've been using the diagnostic screen and watching green light. If i describe the little square for pins as "1" being the top left one and "12" the top right one, when power is on, i got the "4, 5, 6, 7 and 8" green. When i press the "z" limit switch the "6" turn off, the "x" turn off the "8" and when i press the "y" limit switch the "7" green light turns off and the emergency light goes red.

If i change the limit switch for the "y" with the "x" and press it, the emergency pop up red again.

My guess is that there's some problem with some kind of config, but i can pinpoint what that would be....

Again, sorry for my late reply, i was kind of busy all the time and couldnt test out more thing.

And thanks again for your help