586,104 active members*
3,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Display issue with Windows 10 and V6

Display issue with Windows 10 and V6

I'm getting jagged lines and fussy/burred text in Surfcam 6 after upgrading to Windows 10. I recall having this issue in Win 7 but I can't recall how it was resolved. I'm not seeing this with my CAD software or anywhere else, just Surfcam. Using a high res monitor set at 2560 x 1440. My second monitor is 1920 x 1080 and it looks worse on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Display issue with Windows 10 and V6

I think it is a graphics card settings issue

Our IT person told us to stay away from Win10 because of something about it wiping drivers so we haven't upgraded yet.

When I asked our reseller if there was any compatibility issues with Win10/ Surfcam 2015 he said he hadn't found any issues.

There was a new Nvidia windows 10 driver downloaded today and that didn't change things. Like I said, I saw this before but can't remember or find a setting that changes anything on how Surfcam looks. Other than how it currently looks I'm not seeing anything else effected in Surfcam.

I remember it being a Windows performance setting in Win7 that fixed some issues. It made everything look really basic. We didn't have to do any of that when we upgraded to Win8.

I'm now thinking it may have something to do with the version of Direct X that Surfcam 6 uses. Windows 10 installs version 12.

Excuse me for chime in, but after have read your post, I want to tell you what I've had experienced, trying to help you locating the error.
    I´m using an i7 Vaio laptop 15", 64 bits, 8 Gb Ram, LED monitor, W10.
    Right now as a test I'm running at once Sc 5.2, Sc 6, Sc 2014 R2 and Sc 2015 R2 Beta, opening the sample file Rollblade.scprt in each one at same time, and found no issue at all, vision is perfect in all of them.
    Also opened 2D Nasty.scprt and had same good results displaying lines and text/dimensions.
    Mario

Interesting Mario. I loaded the same part into the 3 versions I have and I'm getting the same bad results in all three. I'm using a GeForce GTX 680 videos card. It's only Surfcam that I'm seeing this problem. My CAD program has perfectly smooth lines and surfaces.

Moldcore:
    I suppose your Pc setup is "Intel" based, and since you're having troubles in all three versions I would say that in between your system is a bad combination of W10, Surfcam and display drivers which I'm not able to point out, I believe that it's a problem for a systems engineer.
    Must discard W10 and Surfcam alone for they're working Ok. on several places.
    Have you tried your Surfcam reseller? They'll probably know about this issue and may be of help.
    Mario

I'm not on maintenance anymore, found it not worth the money spent. I have found the solution doing a Google search. Seams it's a scaling problem with the last few versions of Windows and hi res monitors. Microsoft is working on a solution for Win 10 but hasn't come out with a fix yet. Here is an article from a couple of years ago that help me fix my problem: How to make the Windows desktop look good on high-DPI displays | PCWorld After following these instructions, everything seems back to normal.

Sorry to hear you won't get the latest version of Sc.
    I'm glad you found a solution of your problem. I've read the text in Pc World and found it very interesting, will keep it for future reference.
    Mario

I'm running Alienware with a Gforce 780 m and was having the same problem read somewhere online to remove drivers and uninstall Gforce experience completely download the
    Gforce Win 10 driver and manually install. Once I did that it asked to install Gforce exp. and now Surcam is running great, no issues and have received
    2 more automatic updates since from Gforce.