586,452 active members*
3,036 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Its -44C and I need sympathy
Page 1 of 2 12

Talking Its -44C and I need sympathy

It was so cold this morning, that I had to thaw out the phone line to get my email!
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ya last week and the week before it has been in the negatives (F) most of the day with like a 15 degree wind chill on top...one day it hit -35F

Are you guys at work today? I hear much of the EC is under a blanket of new snow.

--Alan
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.

I was riding my motorcycle down the coast last weekend and saw people in shorts and bikinis playing volleyball on the beach.

-44C??? You need to move.

(that wasn't very sympathetic, was it?)
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

- 54 c here in Winnipeg Canada this mourning (with wind chill) my car was so frozen the doors wouldn't close properly

Don't worry, it's just til april..

Eric
    I wish it wouldn't crash.

Originally posted by Jennifer
    I was riding my motorcycle down the coast last weekend and saw people in shorts and bikinis playing volleyball on the beach.

-44C??? You need to move.

(that wasn't very sympathetic, was it?)
    Come on Jennifer, be honest. We did have that torrential downpour of .001" this morning.

God Bless cold weather. It keeps all the snow-birds south!

Think of the resilliancy you build up. If Californian come for a day visit they would leave in an hour. If you went to California for a day visit you'll end up staying there.I dont think I am helping. Why dont you drive motorcycle in a bikini and get all Californians angry? With bare flesh sticking to the seat you wont fall off.

I can't imagine. It gotten down to about -10F here and my freakin' eyelids were freezing. -44C Holy Hell!
    Nathan

You know guys, my freezer isn't even that cold!

--Alan
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.

Unhappy geez

Dang Hu, that is too cold for me.

My shop has been about 40F when I get out there. It causes me to spin the phase converter before I flip the switch. Otherwise it just doesn't turn, and breakers trip.

Hey Jen, you split lanes out there on that bike? I miss the weather of the west coast and ,,, oh, just the weather.

Kenny
    "Plan your work; Work your plan"

-30 these last few days (-40 with windchill) and we've had a good dump of snow in the last 24hrs. What makes matters worse is the R0 insultation this house seems to have.... brrr. More grievous yet is the radiator hose in my '88 Suburban split... so now all the cats are lapping up the green liquid in the street (is that good?) and I'm not about to attempt repairs until we get into negative single digits.

On the bright side, no sunburn or heat stroke.

WallCrawler Guest

Re: Its -44C and I need sympathy

Originally posted by HuFlungDung
    It was so cold this morning, that I had to thaw out the phone line to get my email!
    Did you know if you nuke a cup full of water for 2 min, and throw it outside, it will turn to snow before it hits the ground?

And did you know if you fart out side it will turn to fog..

LOL

:devious: :banana: (wedge) :wee: (group)

Hu,

I was putting on my bermuda shorts and flip flops this morning for another drive with the sunroof open to my shop in San Diego when I noticed that .001 inch of precipitation mb0978 was talkin' about. I said to myself "Damn, I forgot my slicker."

You gotta be kidding me -44 F???

Oh, Canada....

Mark Linder

Thanks everyone, I feel better now

This is actually the coldest temperature that I can remember around where I live.

And no, Wallcrawler, I ain't fartin' bare-a$$ed ouside to find out if it will fog or not
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

HU, doesn't your name imply that your not "fartin around"?

Talking

Want to hear something funny...........

HuFlungDung is a maybe 1.5 hours from me and I moved here from FLORIDA!!!!!!!

Yuppers I'm frezzing my CNC OFF.

But I'll tell you what . . come summer we can go to lakes that no one else is.

(Summer = 2 weeks) just kidding it's 3!
    Regards,
    Dasigntist

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Malcolm Muggeridge

It may be warmer down south, but apparently the air gets a little murky down there, I had to pick up this guy in from L.A. He landed at our local airport and at first would'nt get off the plane, later he said he thought he would suffocate, he could'nt see any AIR.

Al

Page 1 of 2 12