586,042 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > NC studio or Vcarve Pro problem?

NC studio or Vcarve Pro problem?

Can someone please help me to avoid the mechanical origin every time the machine runs.

I use Vcarvepro as my design software and NCstudio as processor. There is mechanical origin which is always on left bottom of my CNC machine, and there is workbench origin or called material origin (it could be on the center or any corner of the material). I can set it anywhere on the machine. So every time I put in Gcoed generated by Vcarvepro and run the machine, the router will go to workbench origin instead of directly go to workbench origin and then do the work. The problem is no matter where I set the workbench origin the router will first go to mechanical origin then go to workbench and then do the work. The results are still what I wanted, but it makes unnecessary toolpath which slows down the process. Sometime the bit hits the clam, which I usually clam the material on each corner. so does anyone here have same kind of Gcode problem?

Thanks

John

Re: NC studio or Vcarve Pro problem?

the same problem as I have
    so can anyone help us

When running NCStudio, doesn't your machine default to 0,0 plus z(safe-height) as the home position?

Which if it does, why not just use the default 0,0 co-ordinates of the machine, and in Vectric center the work, or create the off-sets accordingly? That's how I do it with my NCStudio controlled machine.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

thanks for reply
    I will try it, and see if it will work

Hi Guys,

NC Studio is pretty straight forward to use. The book recommends that upon startup let it go through the boot sequence and then when it prompts you to Home itself that you select OK and it will go to the machines default XYZ. This is only required upon startup. Once it has homed itself, clamp your work piece and manually set the X and Y position in the proper relation to your V-Carve file for the work piece. Then manually set or use a touch off puck to set Z. Load your file and hit run. When the job is done it should return to 0, 0, 0 of the work piece. Load your next file as required and away you go. If it is returning to the Mechanical origin I believe that there is a setting under the Operations option that you need to set. Select Operations/5. Park MCS Site/then for 1. Park Mode choose To WCS Origin. The home position on startup is still the MCS but when a job finishes it should park at the WCS + Z safe of the job that has just completed.

Dan

im using ncstudio

since a while I place the the part in the DRAWING, where it is actually on the table..

zero always material top, also don't forget to check the table.. sure I don't cut into..

the rapid plane I set use to be to 15 mm

unless using clamps.. then you need to check, sure your safe height is HIGHER than tool could catch the clamp..

if your part far from the machine zero
    then set in your program the material zero not 0,0 but closer to your material..

this way you don't set tooloffset G54-59 , and can not forget you set.. so it is safer this way..