586,106 active members*
2,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Hey Marc,

Alan B here from Locostbuilders....we have just ordered a torchmate kit so we'll let you know how we get on...small world huh?....LOL

Alan

hi alan

it is indeed a small world, what setup have you ordered ??? and when do you expect delivery, im still trying to work out what system at the moment

best regards

marc

Hi Marc,

We ordered the Torchmate 1 kit....we plan to build a lot of it ourselves, but just needed a jump start with the electrical parts...I have time to build the machine, but not time to research all about the electrical and CNC side of things.....hopefully this will be just what we need.

I believe it is due to ship any day now...hopefully we should have it by Christmas.

I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Alan

I purchased a 4 x 8 table from dyna cnc in washington. It has been sitting for 5 months . When I got the table they sent wrong parts, mounted the table wrong postion... list goes on. Basically they will not fix some of the problems, i was told it was up to me to fix them. They offered to pay partial payment on replacment parts. I was to pay the rest out of my own pocket. I paid for a running and working machine, now I have a 14,000.00 usd shop ornament. Im in the process of getting a lawyer to get this resolved.

thanks everyone for the feedback, with me being based in the uk and time delays, the only two i am considering based on internet reports, and the speed of response from the actual companies so far are torchmate and ez router. the others mentioned on various forums etc seem to lack customer support and reliability of machines. torchmate have been the most helpful and reliable on information, just need to find a way of coming in on budget now, can you use any other height controls with torchmate systems ??? or is it that much bettter than other controls that its worth getting

thanks

marc

Since torchmate uses the Flashcut pulse card design only Flashcut's software can be used to control the table. Flashcut does not offer an integrated THC (controlled from the toolpath software). You will have to use a "stand alone" THC. The Torchmate unit at 2400.00 is one of the cheaper ones in standalone (look at Hypertherm's unit if you want some sticker shock)

Sorry

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Quote Originally Posted by turboboy View Post
    I purchased a 4 x 8 table from dyna cnc in washington. It has been sitting for 5 months . When I got the table they sent wrong parts, mounted the table wrong postion... list goes on. Basically they will not fix some of the problems, i was told it was up to me to fix them. They offered to pay partial payment on replacment parts. I was to pay the rest out of my own pocket. I paid for a running and working machine, now I have a 14,000.00 usd shop ornament. Im in the process of getting a lawyer to get this resolved.
    THAT IS CRAPPY! I got my table from them a couple things were wrong I told them what I wanted and I got it. But they would send me parts that wer'nt prepaid? Definately get things fixed you paid for a running maching and that's not out of line to get that!

Really?

Turboboy,

I am not sure who you are. I really can't believe we treated you that way. I will look into this, however you have not identified yourself. I really feel it is a cheap shot not talking to me about this personally, not emailing me personally, not faxing me personally, or contacting me personally about your problems in any way. Until I know who you are I can't give any validity to what you have stated. I am sure if you had to adjust the table we helped you thru that with our tech support. Adjusting the table is a simple feat in any case. I have never had a customer pay for warranty replacement parts. NEVER! We have always gone out of our way to make sure the customers machine is running corrently. What replacement parts were not replaced or whatever?

Please get your lawer if you must and I will be more than happy to post the results of your lawsuit whichever way the court decides. Once I know who you are I will also post our side of this story because I find your statement VERY hard to believe. We don't treat customers the way you claim.

David Cress
    President
    Dynamic Plastic, Inc.
    DynaCNC

Huh?

[QUOTE=turboboy;227137]I purchased a 4 x 8 table from dyna cnc in washington. It has been sitting for 5 months .

You last posted about the table in August and was asking questions about cutting with the THC (which were answered on the list) . It appeared at that time you were cutting fine except for some user errors. Never at any point did you indicate there were troubles with the table other than some problems with the slats. I even advised you to work with the manufacturer and post if there were problems getting a resolution and you did not.

So....why has it been sitting for 5 months? If it is not running what is the problem? I noticed you posted about SheetCAM issues a few weeks ago. If the table is not running what are you using SheetCAM for?

DynaCNC has an on-line trouble ticket system that opens an incident. Have you used that to get service? If the problem is electrical or mechanical in nature their 18 month warranty should cover that. If it's because you don't know how to use the machine then the 90 day free help has expired.

There is a perception that because MACH is cheap and used by a large number of hobby builders it is somehow a lightweight "toy" controller.

T Caudle hit the nail on the head about the perception of Mach2. He is doing a good job of showing others that Mach software is upto par with other systems.

update time
    finally found time to start playin g with the machine, all my alloy parts are comming out perfect even small holes, today im going to work on settings for steel,
    i have got some of the original owners cut parts that came with the machine and the programmes and the stuff he has cut is amazingly detail and the quality has shocked me , i didnt think plasma would cut as neat and accurate as it is

the software for drawing producing the parts is very easy and quick so far im very pleased with the machine and its acuracy, i have read alot about dross on parts, i seem to get virtually none and what i do get flicks off with a finger nail, the only thing i have found is the bevel angle o n the first few steel cuts from my programmes is quite large in some areas and in others there is none any suggestions ???
    i have no manuals so have been doing everything so far by trial and error
    is there a general guide of cutting problems with solutions ???

many thanks

marc

As Massa spoke of early on.... we knew nothing of CNC machines and started by looking at the PlasmaCam and slowly worked up to the DynaCNC, which we almost purchased, until we found TrackerCNC in Canada.

Other than a few teathing problems we are still wroking thru we are very happy with the machine and final product. I was able to work with CorelDraw quickly with some help from Steve and Justin at Tracker and it converts directly to their own chutting software. We cut 20 ga. stell all the way up to one inch.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DynaCNC View Post
    Turboboy,

I am not sure who you are. I really can't believe we treated you that way. I will look into this, however you have not identified yourself. I really feel it is a cheap shot not talking to me about this personally, not emailing me personally, not faxing me personally, or contacting me personally about your problems in any way. Until I know who you are I can't give any validity to what you have stated. I am sure if you had to adjust the table we helped you thru that with our tech support. Adjusting the table is a simple feat in any case. I have never had a customer pay for warranty replacement parts. NEVER! We have always gone out of our way to make sure the customers machine is running corrently. What replacement parts were not replaced or whatever?

Please get your lawer if you must and I will be more than happy to post the results of your lawsuit whichever way the court decides. Once I know who you are I will also post our side of this story because I find your statement VERY hard to believe. We don't treat customers the way you claim.

David Cress
    President
    Dynamic Plastic, Inc.
    DynaCNC
    The sales person (juris) told me to contact tech support with my problems. When a decision was made ,steve or heather said it was discussed with dave ( im guessing thats you?). I have the emails that prove it.
    Dyna cnc is the first business I have ever delt with that sent the incorrect parts.
    Asked me to get a quote locally to replace the incorrect consumables , (because shipping is to expensive).
    Then decides that I should pay 174.00 out of my own pocket out of the 454.00 original cost.
    Dynacnc reason being they dont pay for taxes and they can buy it for this XXX much, so were only going to pay XXX amount.
    Well for your info I dont buy much steel so I dont have the buying power to get a great deal.And in canada we have to pay taxes.
    I basically got the same response with the brokerage fees I had to pay on the parts dynacnc didnt send or were machined incorrect. We dont pay for stuff like that.
    And if you dont believe i was treated like that I can post the emails and faxes and pictures of the table with the problems.
    As far as contacting you direct I do not have any contact info and can not find any on dynacnc .com

My email is [email protected] if you want to know who I'am and make this right .

[QUOTE=Torchhead;230904]
    I purchased a 4 x 8 table from dyna cnc in washington. It has been sitting for 5 months .

You last posted about the table in August and was asking questions about cutting with the THC (which were answered on the list) . It appeared at that time you were cutting fine except for some user errors. Never at any point did you indicate there were troubles with the table other than some problems with the slats. I even advised you to work with the manufacturer and post if there were problems getting a resolution and you did not.

So....why has it been sitting for 5 months? If it is not running what is the problem? I noticed you posted about SheetCAM issues a few weeks ago. If the table is not running what are you using SheetCAM for?

DynaCNC has an on-line trouble ticket system that opens an incident. Have you used that to get service? If the problem is electrical or mechanical in nature their 18 month warranty should cover that. If it's because you don't know how to use the machine then the 90 day free help has expired.

As I mentioned before I did cut with the dyna table for less than half hour. The small time I cut on it I had to support the material with blocks and anchor it to the table with straps .Reason being the table is mounted 1.5 "to low, torch will not go low enough. And the slats move side to side so much you can not get a good cut.

I did ask about the THC you sell to dyna cnc.

I asked about sheet cam back in oct not few weeks ago. I had purchased a new PC for my VMC i also use it for my cnc table. I had a few mins of free time and I was going to work on the table ( The Y axis sticks on it). since I downloaded sheet cam in to my new PC I didnt have the license installed correct. When I went to work on the y axis sheet cam was not working.

I had been dealing with the tech support as stated in my previous post.

Interested in buying a new plasma cutting system. Looking at Multicam, Tracker and Dynacnc. Anyone have aforementioned tables? How easy are the drawing and controlling software? The users manual? How is tech support? Artist using it for decorative interiors and exteriors. Already have a PlasmaCam.
    Thanks in advance for any input.

DynaCNC

I own a DynaCNC and I have had it running production on both router and plasma products for almost a year now. I make money with this machine. Their tech support has been great. I like mine and the people have been great to work with.

Sid

Hi guys i am new on this site xxx chrome and i am also looking for the write plasma system, have you herd of these systems: pcs plasma cutting, tracker cnc, EZ-Router, are they good? i am looking for a 4x8 table capable of cutting up to 1"material if necesary...Is there something better out there??? small economical and good...

Quote Originally Posted by buz View Post
    I am the owner of a metal fab business in the USA. www.metalmagicinc.net I did a lot of research before deciding to buy a Torchmate. Money was a big concern for me at the time so I built my own table. My shop is a 40' X 50' shop so room was also a concern. I decided that a 5' X 10' machine would be the biggest I would ever need. Wrong. I have since had many requests for a larger size. For cost efficiency a larger machine is the way to go. The machine cuts so fast that the cost of running it is in the transfer of material. Therefore larger tables are less expensive to run. As for Torchmates comparison to Plasma cam; I have a friend who bought a smaller Plasma cam. His machine is by far lighter than mine, he wastes a lot of time indexing and the tech support is free for only a short time then you are charged by the minute. I have had my machine for over 3 years now and Torchmate is still free and very supportive. I have had computer crash’s that took out all my programming and recently they again walked me right through any trouble I had. I believe there programming is better and is user friendly. I do custom cutting of parts for local manufacturing shops as well as my metal are and have many repeat customers.
    Cutting is all about material handling. The faster you get the sheets on and off the table and the less sheets you move the better.

If anyone thinks a 4x4 table is good enough they are silly if they have come to that conclusion based on their space restrictions. Something you have to realize is that once you have a table the amount of room you need to actual work whatever you're making will decrease because there is a lot less stuffing around with fit up, secondary processes such as grinding, drilling, marking etc. I guess what I'm saying is, get a machine just big enough so you'd think it will hurt you a lot space wise... because once it's in you won't feel pain but you will be feeling pain if you get a small table from kicking yourself so much.

Did that make sense? Maybe it's too early in the morning for me.

You must really like your Dyna table, all your message history is bragging up dyan cnc. Maybe you work there?
    Thats the thing about these forums some people are dishonest and make up a new user name to alter the truth and sway people into thinking things or altering there view. This is the person I pm'ed about buying a dyna table and swayed me. It kinda seems funny that pretty much all his posts are pimping dyna's table and that he makes money with it. I could be wrong but some things don't add up. I'm not saying I'm unhappy with my decision I had a few problems with it.
    It was not wired properly and was sent with the wrong slats. The computer was not configured either so I have my doubts if it was tested with the table unless computers were mixed up when packed.
    The teck. support helped me trouble shoot and fix the problems and the wrong slats were fixed. I said what I would accept to fix it and I got it. I paid for a machine complete and operational and I will tolerate no less.
    If you are having trouble getting warenty on anything you buy hound them night and day and there are also legal paths and the business bureau that people can use

Your Opinion Counts and SO DOES MINE!

Oh, Ok, I get it. So when someone has something good to say about a product, or is happy with their purchase, they don’t have the right to say something about it when a person asks for opinions. It seems that you and your little band of merry whiners, pissers, complainers, and moaners have the ONLY right to say what they want to.

Oh Ok, I get it. So when someone has something good to say about a product or is happy with a purchase your little merry band does the discredit thing and attack the writer, because you are perfect, don’t make mistakes, and can judge others. Why? Because you are everything to yourself in your little world. It must be tough being the ultimate authority and judge of companies and people. I really wonder sometimes what your credentials are.

I really can't imagine how miserable your life is. It must suck to be you.

Gosh, I’m so sorry to offend you with my positive opinion of my purchase. I am so sorry that I have good things to say about people and companies. But then again, I don’t whine, complain, moan, or judge others. I make my own living and life out of my blood and perspiration. It must be a boring life being perfect with the right to judge others.

It is a sad world we live in when only the bad things people say counts.

Page 2 of 3 123