First, let me introduce myself. My name is Richard and I am a former CNC programmer in the woodworking industry. I recently purchased a used Tri-onics CNC Pro-man mill, and was looking for some more info on it. The mill itself has Contraves NC-400 servo drives and servos, a power drawbar, a servo driven z axis, 3 hp spindle motor, and rs-232 connections. I bought it from an individual who purchased it at auction from a now defunct revolving door company. It was said that the mill powers up, the servos get power and the screen says "ready". However I won't be getting my three phase converter till tomorrow to test it out. I can find some info on the handyman mills, but since they are stepper motor driven the info is useless to me. I have the manual that shows basic programming and setting of machine parameters so I at least have that. I can find the manual for the servo drives, and how to set the parameters for them. What I don't have is info on the controller, and wiring diagrams for all the other components. I was wondering if anyone has come across one of these machines, and if so has any words from the wise, or more info. I have really no reason to suspect that the machine won't work when I power it up tomorrow, but stuff happens. The electronics look to be the original equipment in un-molested condition. I have reason to suspect they are old centroid controls, but have no evidence to support that theory. Here are some photos. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer.

Attachment 291118

Attachment 291120

Attachment 291122

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010024.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	291124