586,271 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > MCG DSD-030 Drive info wanted

MCG DSD-030 Drive info wanted

My CNC mill is using MCG drives and I'm having electrical gremlins causing problems. I am unable to find any info or datasheets/instructions on this drive. Any body have an idea?
    Thanks.

Re: MCG DSD-030 Drive info wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Willie View Post
    My CNC mill is using MCG drives and I'm having electrical gremlins causing problems. I am unable to find any info or datasheets/instructions on this drive. Any body have an idea?
    Thanks.
    Sure, what do you want to know? We were MCG reps for years... have misc info.... MCG came up with this during their last year or so in business before being bought out and dumped by ... brain fart...

here is some inkling of it; email me if you want more and I will search it up from old archives...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Digital Dimensions.PDF   DSX-030 Curves.PDF   DSx AB Table.PDF  

Re: MCG DSD-030 Drive info wanted

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm running FlashCut and my hard drive crashed and I lost all of my configuration. I have reinstalled everything. One of the configuration screens has a number of preset drive setups (half steps, full steps that sort of thing) to choose from and I wasn't sure where to start. FlashCut tech support said load one then select "other" and modify it till it works. I was hoping for a little more guidance than that. Now one of my drives is showing a fault and it will not reset. I bought another DSD-030 as a backup but I have no idea how it is configured or if I can just plug and play. I have not switched the drives around to try and isolated the problem.