586,113 active members*
3,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sandy

Sandy

Hi everyone on the BBS.

My name is Sandy and I'm from Scotland, in the UK.

I'm heavily involved in the Electronics sector but have a hobby CNC lathe at home (Emco Compact 5 CNC).

This machine is my primary reason for joining the forum as I've had a minor (?) disaster PC wise.

In 2009, I converted the machine to Welsoft's Welturn PC control system and have had lots of successful projects since.

Unfortunately, my old Windows 98 PC (the Welturn software is pretty old) had a catastrophic failure and while that's not an issue (I can readily re-install Win98), what I cannot find is my Welsoft CD's.

Again, unfortunately, Welsoft ceased trading in 2011, so there's no way I can get another copy from that source.

My hope is that someone on the board might be willing to send me either a copy of the installation CD (I'll pay for post and packing, obviously) or simply email me the software. It's not a big program, IIRC.

As the company ceased trading and provides absolutely no support any more, I can't see there would be any conflict of interest.

Please let me know if you can help.

Regards,
    Sandy.

Re: Sandy

Hi all.

No problem now.

A nice guy from Canada emailed me the Welturn software, so hopefully all is good.