586,112 active members*
3,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Disable write protect key functionality

Disable write protect key functionality

Hello.

Does anybody have any idea how to disable the write-protect (no-edit) key on MORI SHEIKI SL-250 lathe with a 18i-T control? The key is a three-state switch which allows editing at 1:00 PM (but does not allow executing the program) and executing the program at 12:00 PM (but does not allow editing). I'm sooooooo fed up with switching the key all the time!

Thanks so much!!!

Re: Disable write protect key functionality

there are parameters for that. I'm guessing they will be PMC parameters because that kind of write function only at a
    certain time is very unusual. I assume you can't run the machine when the key is in the unlock state?
    If so, change K4 bit 0 to 1 and you can run the machine with the key in any position at any time.
    The actual description is 'Cycle start is possible regardless of the state of the edit key switch'
    If it still prevents edits with the key sitting in the edit mode and you have to switch it to lock to run the machine there
    are other parameters involved and you will need to look in your Ladder Diagrams Manual for the full list of PMC parameters.

Re: Disable write protect key functionality

Just wanted to say thanks, it worked. Are you aware of any side effects this may cause (executing a program when the memory protect key is in edit mode)?