586,069 active members*
3,454 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V28 Program Problem - Predator Editor

V28 Program Problem - Predator Editor

Hey guys, Been on V28 3axis Pro for a few weeks now. I just noticed when I Post the code and then right click and Edit CNC, it brings up the Windows Installer and tries to find and install 'Predator CNC Editor 2005 for BobCAD.msi" I've done a search on my entire PC and that file is nowhere to be found. I did try a repair and no such luck with that. Anyone run across this?

I found something on google search about looking in the system files folder. I looked in there and that folder is empty. I did a full install of v28 with the link that was provided to me. File size 885MB.

If I cancel out of the installer message it brings up a demo version of Predator. This shouldn't be. My laptop has V27 3 axis Pro on it and Predator works just fine.

My licensing info shows a green checkmark next to Standard under Edit/DNC

Thanks

Re: V28 Program Problem - Predator Editor

The pic shows where your files should be.

Sounds like a call to BoB would be in order

Hi jrmach-

As always, thanks for trying to help out. Under that folder I have 2 sub folders, "Common Files & Editor 7.0" If I run the PEditor application, it comes up with the installer looking for the same file. Something is corrupt. I'd like to do a full uninstall of V28 and reinstall but I don't know if you can do that without calling Bob first. I have my license ID & password but not sure if you can just add it back in after a fresh install. It might say it's already active even though it's on the same computer.

This is what you should have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails preditor.JPG  

I'm missing the Virtual CNC 7.0 folder. I don't know what I did wrong during the install of V28. I had the V28 demo on prior to purchasing it. I uninstalled the demo first and then installed the full product from the link they emailed me. File size was 885MB. I'm running the 3 axis Pro version.

I think the 7.0 files were for the old advanced simulation,,,probably have to call BoB

Hold it...hold it..... I just tried something for the heck of it. I copied the "Predator Software" folder from the x86 folder on my V27 laptop. I then copied it over to my V28 computer. Gosh dang it. It worked!! No installer error. Can you do me a favor jrmach? Right click the "Predator Software" folder under x86 and check the Properties. Is your Predator folder the same size?

No,mine is bigger,BUT,like I said,part of it is the OLD simulation (pre-25)
    Looks like you got it figured though

Yes, issue is resolved. Thanks again for working to help out. Bob should sponsor you with free software updates for being a huge part of the support forum. I read more than I write on here. Generally every thread has input from you.

Thanks!!