Hi all, I have some questions about a Helitronic R-Model and its controller. I have no idea where to start looking so i decided to post here. I have a Computer running windows NT with the Walter Windows Mode 500 NT software controlling the machine. The computer took a crap today but luckily i had an old power supply and was able to fix it. But since this computer is old and could fail i was wondering what my options are to upgrade the computer system. I contacted Walter Grinder Inc(they sold/built the machine) to see what i can do, they quoted me a lot of money to come out and upgrade the machine to run windows XP and Tool Studio. I was wondering if i can do that myself without upgrading the machine's controller. Best case scenario for me would be to get a windows 7 computer, install the necessary software to control the machine, and keep it as simple as possible for the operator.

Some details of the machine are: Built July 2001, 450 volts, 3 phase, 60Hz, Largest motor amps is 31, KVA 25. I dont know the model of the controller itself, i couldnt find any markings to identify it.

Is installing a Windows 7 or XP with new software a possibility with the old controller. Someone told my colleague that the controller is too old for the new software, but that was a long time ago and he has no details beyond that.
Any help, ideas, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for the time