586,069 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Need help 1983 mazak qt20 T1 control some pendant buttons soft keys not responding

Need help 1983 mazak qt20 T1 control some pendant buttons soft keys not responding

Started up the mazak QT20 T1 control 1983 vitage a few days ago after sitting unused for a week or so.

After about a minute some of the buttons and soft keys on the pendant do not respond.
    If i power down and power on i get another minute of use and then it happens again. Seems to be the same buttons and soft keys.

We did get the job we needed run. and it runs fine in automatic. But there is no changing tool ofsets, program ect.

I talked to the folks at Mits and they want me to send the whole contol for evaluation. They will not give me a firm price on repair.
    There is a $640 charge to clean and evauate. They then issue a quote for repair if possible.

I would like to do some trouble shooting if possible myself. Hoping maybe a bad chip on one of the boards.

Can any give me some insight on where to start?

Thanks

Re: Need help 1983 mazak qt20 T1 control some pendant buttons soft keys not respondi

I know this was quite some time ago, but I just had this same problem and thought I would share my results to hopefully save someone the headache down the road. After two days of trouble shooting, reloading software, reinitializing the control to no avail, I came back to my original theory that it was a sticky button. And what is the most common button used on a Mazak that is programed on the floor?.......The INPUT key! Sure enough every time it would lock up during programing, I would hit the input key again and voila, free at last!