584,333 active members*
6,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DYN4 enclosure wiring help

DYN4 enclosure wiring help

I'm hoping someone here can answer some questions I have on wiring it up. The manual I find confusing and not for an average self learning cnc'r like myself. I emailed DMM a few days ago and haven't heard back from them yet.
    I got a 60A molded case circuit breaker from msc, and hope I got what the manual says is needed, because at 100 bucks I hope it is.
    The manual has in it 2 magnetic contactors, and one common noise filter.
    I'm having the hardest time finding where to get this stuff and if it is the right thing.
    If anyone knows of what I need to get this DYN4 running and where to get it, I'd appreciate it.

In the manual it says for single phase input, connect power supply to R and T terminals on connector T4. Does it matter which one is connected to the 110v hot (black) wire and which is connected to the neutral (white)?

I have the T3 connector for the DYN4 drive that it says goes to a regenerative resistor, do I need to wire this up?

I have 2 DYN4 drives, does that mean I need 2 sets of components?

If anyone knows of what I need to get this DYN4 running and where to get it, I'd appreciate it. If anyone has any pics of theirs that would be nice too. Thanks

Re: DYN4 enclosure wiring help

im kind of in the same boat

i want to set everything up correctly and was about to start another thread about it
    but your thread is asking the same questions i would

could someone please post pictures of all the components wired up
    to make it easy for us?

Quote Originally Posted by GM1G View Post
    im kind of in the same boat

i want to set everything up correctly and was about to start another thread about it
    but your thread is asking the same questions i would

could someone please post pictures of all the components wired up
    to make it easy for us?
    Here is a pic of how mine is wired up. Attachment 324090

Black wire from 110v source goes to large circuit breaker --> terminal junction block --> P on noise filter --> fuse --> L1 on Dyn4 Drive
    White wire from 110v source goes to large circuit breaker --> terminal junction block --> N on noise filter --> fuse --> L2 on Dyn4 Drive

On the noise filter PE is connected where all the earth grounds are.

One Black wire from terminal junction block goes to R on Dyn4 Drive
    One White wire from terminal junction block goes to S on Dyn4 Drive

T3 doesn't need to be connected, I forgot what the DMM guy said for a reason but he said I don't need to.

I got magnetic contactor but haven't installed it yet. I've just been plugging in the power cord to enclosure to a 110v outlet to turn everything on.

Right now I'm only using 1 Dyn4 Drive, but when I set up the other one I will install another noise filter and fuses for that one as well.

Hope this helps you out

Quote Originally Posted by usmarine21m View Post
    I'm hoping someone here can answer some questions I have on wiring it up. The manual I find confusing and not for an average self learning cnc'r like myself. I emailed DMM a few days ago and haven't heard back from them yet.
    I got a 60A molded case circuit breaker from msc, and hope I got what the manual says is needed, because at 100 bucks I hope it is.
    The manual has in it 2 magnetic contactors, and one common noise filter.
    I'm having the hardest time finding where to get this stuff and if it is the right thing.
    If anyone knows of what I need to get this DYN4 running and where to get it, I'd appreciate it.

In the manual it says for single phase input, connect power supply to R and T terminals on connector T4. Does it matter which one is connected to the 110v hot (black) wire and which is connected to the neutral (white)?

I have the T3 connector for the DYN4 drive that it says goes to a regenerative resistor, do I need to wire this up?

I have 2 DYN4 drives, does that mean I need 2 sets of components?

If anyone knows of what I need to get this DYN4 running and where to get it, I'd appreciate it. If anyone has any pics of theirs that would be nice too. Thanks
    R is always your Hot, not sure why you have a 60A breaker, in your case a 20A would be all you need for each Drive, 60A would be if you had 4 High Voltage Drives at 220V 3 Phase, It's best if you have one main input power Breaker, then individual Breakers suited to each Drive

The filters you can find at any good electrical supply store here is one FN610-1-06 Schaffner EMC Inc. | Filters | DigiKey, just Google the parts you need, don't forget for 120v single phase supply for the logic L1 you need ( 1 ) Fuse ( 2 ) Fuses if you are using 220V supply for L1 L2

You are not doing anything with the regen,so nothing to do there, not for normal use anyway
    Mactec54

the manual calls for 1 amp fuses before the logic power for the drives

usmarine do you have these installed?

also could you link to the breaker you have there?

hey did u ever get your setup going?