586,111 active members*
3,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

UCCNC and Mach3 Modbus MPG?

Hello,

Has anyone figured out how to setup a MACH3 Modbus mpg (serial port) with UCCNC?

Does it require a special plugin?

Here's a link to a similar device I bought from ebay several years ago.

Mach3 4 Axis CNC Hand Wheel Modbus MPG for MODSMACH3 Engraving Machine Pendan | eBay

Works fine with Mach3, but I'm making a split from using MACH3.

Re: UCCNC and Mach3 Modbus MPG?

So do the USB version work instead?

dubble Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Signal9 View Post
    Hello,

Has anyone figured out how to setup a MACH3 Modbus mpg (serial port) with UCCNC?

Does it require a special plugin?

Here's a link to a similar device I bought from ebay several years ago.

Mach3 4 Axis CNC Hand Wheel Modbus MPG for MODSMACH3 Engraving Machine Pendan | eBay

Works fine with Mach3, but I'm making a split from using MACH3.
    Hi,

The UCCNC does not have a Modbus plugin currently, so modbus devices like that will not work.
    They could only work if someone will write a modbus plugin for them or will write a specific plugin for the device.

Also these chinese USB pendants would require a plugin which can communicate with them.
    The plugin interface have the required interface to implement and fit a pendant like this, but so far nobody wrote a plugin for these chinese pendants.

We have a plugin for our own wireless pendant, the UCR200, but this plugin works only with the UCR200 pendant.

Attaching wired pendants which pendants connects to I/Os of the UC100/300 will work, the buttons of the wired pendant can be attached to button calls in the I/O triggers setup page,
    so the pendant buttons could call different functions of the UCCNC like selecting the MPG mode, MPG axis, movement size etc.
    The MPG's (if it has an rotary wheel) encoder wheel can be configured in the I/O setup page.
    Or if the pendant has buttons only then those buttons could be attached to jog functions of different axis or to switch the spindle, coolant etc. there are currently about 500 button/function codes to select from.

Thanks for the update. I decided to use an Logitech XBOX 360 clone controller to let me center the workpiece, it seems to work fairly well.

dubble Guest

That sounds a good selection.
    One thing for you to take care about when using the Xbox360 plugin is that all buttons has a configurable press and release event.
    If you setup jogging on the keys then don't forget to configure the release event of the button with the associated axis jog-stop function, otherwise the axis will not stop.
    I think you probably already figured this out, but others who want to use this plugin and an Xbox controller may find this post useful...

oh yeah I found that out the other day and my table kept going until it hit the limit switches after I changed the default buttons around.

I really enjoy using the UCCNC. Any plans on when the tool table will allow us to enter tool diameter?