586,409 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > post reference guide for Mastercam 9

post reference guide for Mastercam 9

Hello everybody,

i would be so greatful to you guys if someone please help me to find post ref guid for MC 9.. i am new into this... i tried to look around ..but no help...

so if anyone has it... please

thanks

I was lucky enough when I contacted my reseller he sent me the post reference cd, any chance yours would send you one?

You will not find it on the internet,you can contact your dealer as stated as all dealers have it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Nice Post!!!!!!!!

Wow, I have not opened these yet and hope they are written for beginners. These should prove great assets if someone wants to customize a post processor. Do these work for MC8 and MC9?

I can't wait until tomorrow to get my hands on that PC. There was also a Tutorial Site for MC that I want to try tomorrow. Actually it is today. Looks like I'll be leaving for the Shop extra early.........

here is a link to the Tutorial site I mentioned from someone elses post.

http://www.sarasota.k12.fl.us/brooks...ercam_toc.html

Wow I feel like doing cartwheels and back flips.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby,
    The files on this post are MP reference guide in pdf. This will help edit a post processor but will not walk you through step by step. Post changes can be simple if you know what to do and where to go. If you don't know what to do and where to go and it is more of a difficult change You will waste alot of time trying to figure this out and / or damage your post processor. Mastercam did at one time sell a book about an inch thick which is much easier to use than the PDF files( though the PDF files have new changes in the guide for the posts) I'm not sure they still print these but ask on the forum. I thinking to make a walk through as to simple changes with your post processor. the walk through will be basic start of file, toolchange and null toolchange end of file common changes. In all the years I have made and edited post most changes are in these areas. If it is a difficult change it should be done by somebody with experience on these changes.
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Thanks for the Information. Looks like this will be a real challenge.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

This was done for V8 but much of it still applies.
    The basic principles of understanding the variables and the output is here.
    http://www.mmattera.com/mastercam/index.htm

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mattera View Post
    This was done for V8 but much of it still applies.
    The basic principles of understanding the variables and the output is here.
    http://www.mmattera.com/mastercam/index.htm

Mike Mattera
    Hey thanks Mike, that will help a lot.

BTW: MCX Videos will be on my X-Mas list for Santa this year. The Company that just hired me uses MCX. I got a quick taste today and was WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby I have been using MCX2 and I think Mcam just gets better and better. You are right about the power of it, Onecnc, Bobcam, VM doesn't even compare. Your reseller should be your first contact for support, they really go out on a limb for their customers, you just got to give them a chance.

Toby did you just change Jobs?
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Toby did you just change Jobs?
    Yes, is was necessary. This new place looks to have a better future ahead of it, not to mention "no corporate politics". I was amazed how clean and organized the place was. It is a Tool and Die Shop that has been around for quite some time. They have Mazak Lathes with Live Tools True Y Axis Sub-Spindles, a few HAAS Mills one with a 5C Trunion 5 Axis, Brother Mill Drills, Stamping Die Presses, and very up to date Tooling.

Can't wait till Monday!!!!

The down side is that I won't be here much.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

The down side is that I won't be here much.
    Why would this Change.
    And congrats on the new adventure, Keep me up on how it goes.
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Why would this Change.
    And congrats on the new adventure, Keep me up on how it goes.
    Because I will be spending more time on the shop floor. I doubt that there will be time to come here while work is in progress. Still have at least 2 or 3 hours a night to come and help out a little.

Actually there are a lot of Mazatrol questions rolling around in the brain now, but before asking any questions it would be better to know which Control they will have me working on first. For the time being Learning Mazatrol is top priority.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Your a smart guy. I'm sure you'll have the Mazatrol mastered in no time.

Good Luck,

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com