586,103 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD v28 Next Build release date to fix crashes ?
Page 4 of 5 2345

Re: BobCAD v28 Next Build release date to fix crashes ?

I just brought the V28 upgrade and had the support added to it so that I can keep up to date on it. In the grand scheme of things for us $350 was not a big deal. We did however skip V27, as I upgraded from V26 directly to V28. I seem to be doing every other version since there is not enough new features to make the upgrade expense yearly worth it.

I will have to wait till Jan/Feb for V5 for SW. Generally is there many diffrences between V27 and 28. I bet that stock bug will be in V5 lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Malish View Post
    I just brought the V28 upgrade and had the support added to it so that I can keep up to date on it. In the grand scheme of things for us $350 was not a big deal. We did however skip V27, as I upgraded from V26 directly to V28. I seem to be doing every other version since there is not enough new features to make the upgrade expense yearly worth it.

Hi Malish, with the extra $350 support, have they provided you with any new fix releases?

after having a couple issues today - I looked at the bc site and a new v28 release is out today . The download link isn't up yet but something is coming , release notes are up already though
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

edit:

wow what a list --- was V28 release to soon???? or just a super beta???? or just never test drove.

Sounds like a beta. Weird it was released and V5 isn't out till Q1 2016

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Rotax91 View Post
    Fixes should ALWAYS be FREE!! .
    , it is what it is !!
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I will end up going with Support as well. As far as I'm concerned, BobCAD V28 is a great product and I do stand by it. Once I get the update and the bugs that particularly affect me, are fixed. It will be an outstanding product. I don't use it at the level as some of you Pros use it, but for myself I find it relatively easy to use for the things I do with it. Al's videos are great. What other vendor provides great videos like that. I've had V26, V27 & now V28. I think of myself as a loyal customer. If they keep advancing like they have been, I see no reason why I won't be upgrading to future versions. I'm not a machinist. I'm actually in the IT field. So I'm a kind of weird about always being up to date with software. I've contacted my rep at BobCAD and he will be setting me up shortly. To me it's worth it.

edit:
    Did they give you any clue when the download will be available??

^^ After giving it some further thought, I opened up conversations with my normal rep & software support this afternoon. He said it will be soon, possibly today. This was over email not a phone conversation. I'm guessing hashing out a few details before posting.

I can say without a doubt that the V28 SP1 update 1862 works! The one function that bothered me most (editing the stock and crashing), is no longer is a problem. I'm happy!!!

Thank you BC!

I can say without a doubt that the V28 SP1 update 1862 works! The one function that bothered me most (editing the stock and crashing), is no longer is a problem. I'm happy!!!

Thank you BC!

HA,HA,HA it don't work when they don't know how to run the website correctly,,,,HA,HA,HA,,,,,,,,Guess I will have to call them,,,fix one problem but have a broken download,,,,pretty ironic

Did you contact Bob today?

OK! I guess I'm in with 4ax pro cause they say V28 is the last of the 32bit softwares. Drat! this XP sp3 has been reliable as the sun. Never any blue screens, viruses, blown drives, nothing! We'll see if Win10 can do better.

When you install the V28 SP1 fix, you may get an error right towards the end. Its when it tries to register a dll file (swdocumentmgr.dll). I Google'd that and it pertains to SolidWorks. I don't have SW so maybe that's why I got the error. It does not seem to affect me in any way. Plus I was able to register it successfully manually. Locate file and do a: regsvr32 swdocumentmgr.dll

All is good thus far. No crashes.

Don't know if I should cry or laugh but after installing this SP1 it took me about two minutes in order to get BC crash. Just do: Start BC -> Begin a new document -> Switch to CAM Tree -> Right click CAM Defaults -> Current Settings -> Hit F1 (for the help to open) -> BOOM

Furthermore from the release notes:

• Mill: Added control of feedrates for retract moves and adaptive link moves using the Current Settings Maximum Cutting Feedrate setting (Mill 2 Axis Advanced Pocket, Mill 3 Axis Pro, and Mill Multiaxis)
      Works for 2 Axis Advanced Pocket but NOT for 3 Axis Pro
    • Mill: Resolved two issues that caused ramping (helical/spiral plunge) moves to use the standard feedrate instead of plunge feedrate
      In 3 axis from what I've seen so far this is NOT fixed. Still the cutting feedrate gets applied to the lead in operation, at least to the spiral lead in

Greez,

dialsc

Are you sh*tting me? I will try this scenario when I'm home from work. I've never used any embedded help so I never ran across this bug. Not sure if it existed before the SP1 update.

Ha ha, no, really not. Actually I started laughing loud when this happened to me. I do not get surprised by things like this anymore...

Page 4 of 5 2345