586,471 active members*
3,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > This is a warning to all looking to buy a chinese laser on ebay
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: This is a warning to all looking to buy a chinese laser on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Wow. I knew to start with that they do not put much effort into packing those crates.
    Sounds like you may have gotten a used one this time. The employee that borrowed the the first one wanted a new one when his tube filled up with water, so swapped it out again and sent that to ya.
    Please .
    That sounds too logical
    I hope that this is just theory and not fact!!!

I apologize for making light of the situation. I was just spitballing. At best the dealer or manufacturer has very poor machine processing and QA. I do hope that you are able to get the things you need to make it work properly.
    Sometimes positive feedback to a company is just not possible. It isn't your failing that will have caused that. If they want positive feedback, they should go the extra mile to resolve any and all of your issues ASAP.
    Lee

Very simple.
    Sounds like total fraud to me.

Cheers
    Roger

Wow. I knew to start with that they do not put much effort into packing those crates.
    Sounds like you may have gotten a used one this time. The employee that borrowed the the first one wanted a new one when his tube filled up with water, so swapped it out again and sent that to ya.
    I know you were only making a little fun of a bad situation and I did like the comment it made me smile at my own situation so thank you for bring a little light to a bad day.

Hi
    I have check your picture,But it will not influence the usage,Could you kindly rub it by yourself ?
    The software you can use corel draw.Sincerely hope you can test the machine first.If the machine can works well.We can give you $20 as compensation,Is that OK?
    Any ideas please feel free to let me know,Have a nice day.
    Joyce

This is the compensation they offered for my trouble...

Does anyone know anything about this XB-4060 laser?
    So far--- The lift table does not work the motor just vibrates.
    The water pump wont pump.
    Cant fire the laser without the pump
    I looked at the specs on the pump and it just jumped out at me and slapped me in the face...Its a 220 volt pump!!!
    I bought a 110 machine... Could this be possible They sent me a 220v machine?
    Another strange thing is they sent a 110/220 converter but no cords to connect it to anything.
    The plugin on the machine is a 110v the digital display works The gantry moved to the rear left when powered on Am I screwed again???

50W Engraving Cutting CO2 Laser USB Machine Engraver 60Hz 110V 220V Cutter
    ( 191386291624 )
    goldraydigital3983
    Feedback percentage of
    99.7%

That feedback percentage is probably on the way down. I apologize for not being able to help with the laser. I don't have one yet, but I am interested in them.
    Lee

does anyone know where to get the software to drive the laser?
    In IBM terms I am looking for the IPL software That is the software that tells the laser what it is and controls all the axis without the computer

You can download RDWorks (Laserworks) here at the DSP controller manufacturer's website:

http://en.rd-acs.com/
    Go to the Download link.

-robertk925

Does anyone have this laser? XB-4060 on ebay
    I need help making it work

Again, sorry to jump in your thread without help. Can the seller not help any? I understand that you can receive help right here, but if you have tried and had no satisfaction with the seller, the that detracts from an A+ star rating.
    Before I would become a dealer of any type equipment, I would first insure that they can at least answer after sale questions. I do not look down on people that are in it to feed the Family. That said, there are business practices that should be adhered to.
    They have failed you on that part. Meaning back up what you sell. Be able to answer questions. It ain't Walmart.
    Lee

Again, sorry to jump in your thread without help. Can the seller not help any? I understand that you can receive help right here, but if you have tried and had no satisfaction with the seller, the that detracts from an A+ star rating.
    Before I would become a dealer of any type equipment, I would first insure that they can at least answer after sale questions. I do not look down on people that are in it to feed the Family. That said, there are business practices that should be adhered to.
    They have failed you on that part. Meaning back up what you sell. Be able to answer questions. It ain't Walmart.
    Its not only their lack of knowledge and support iys a matter of time difference.
    at 6pm mountain time its 9am in china I have to stay up late to get anything accomplished
    You may think that being up around 9-10pm is not bad but my day starts at 5am.
    the time wasted in emails because of translation problems gets mighty frustrating
    also the computer that is connected to the laser is in another building and the internet there is sketchy at best.
    a simple manual from start to finish would eliminate this problem that way if a problem arises you would be able to pin point the page and address the area to be repaired.

I do not think you can expect a decent manual for anything under $20 K. They simply cannot afford a pro manual author. There are exceptions. But they are atypical. Compare some Tormach manuals with others. Even though they are thorough, they do not cover every single model in detail. This is the problem you will see with manuals for anything. Unless it is a singular simple product that does not change, info in a written manual can really be outdated.
    Lee

Manual missing = Common in chinese lasers. Most don't have it
    Water in the tube = Two possible scenarios, 1 it's a used laser, 2 (more likely) they tested it prior to going out and left some in by accident.
    Lack of knowledge about the laser = What did you expect for $2k? This guy you listed also sells iphone cases, plant growers, toy helicopters and dozens of other things. He's just a reseller of Chinese crap by the boatload pretty clear by all the stuff he's selling. Unlikely he can be an expert on everything from lasers, to toy helicopters, to plant growing stuff. Only saving grace is at least you are warning others. I commend you for that. Maybe others won't make the same mistake now.

UPDATE!!!
    Oct.1st was the last time I contacted the sellers and was turned over to the support team.
    I was promptly informed that it was the beginning of a Chenese holiday and would have to wait until they come back to work To get any support.
    The holiday is 8 days long and I am sitting here with a blue and white door stop A dumb piece of metal thats collecting dust.
    Am I the only one on this site that owns one of these lasers? If anyone has one PLEASE let me know so I can get mine running..

Chinese selling machines, as other companies cars..
    if you don't have driver licence, don't buy and drive car..

the company who makes these lasers they give you a cd.. that has a program, you can use your laser..

artcam express makes laser output.. that cost 180 I think..

go to this website.. on the right side look for tech support, or usa warehouse.. the holiday keep til 8th.. however you might have luck and they answer..
    Buy Low Cost 50W XB-460 Chinese Desktop Mini CO2 Laser Engraver Machine from China Manufacturer/ Factory/ Supplier

for all other question you have, you find a lot topic here on cnczone, or type the program name in google, example moshidraw and you find topics..

thats where I got my laser from
    NO LUCK NO ANSWER

forums are not closed
    google works 24 hour 365 day..

least I can think they sold hundreds or even thoushands of machines.. the program they using, very possible like any other manufacturer use..

hope you dont get same ""strucked"" I read on a topic, someone purchased a router, and after 4 years still he wasn't able to start..

99.99 percent that laser works.. go ahead and google everything about laser.. I cant imagine after ten of thoushands of folks using these desktop lasers, you weren't be able..
    just get creative..

Try downloading RDcam I use version 6.041 for my laser it is a start

Page 2 of 3 123