586,119 active members*
3,701 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Three Questions and yes, there are dumb questions.

Three Questions and yes, there are dumb questions.

Is the 1.9.2 a completely new install or does it just update the previous version? Also, I have totally mucked up the work offset settings. Now when I try to "Ref" the Axis' they run past the limit switches and before I can hit the big red button, my steppers make scary sounds. How can I get at least G54 fixed? Finally, I thought that my problem with PP ignoring M06 was fixed when I went to G54, but it's not. Any ideas? I'm running 1.9.2. I really like it but still have a lot to learn about it. The steppers seem to be quieter, especially when three axis are running at the same time. The Tormach pseudo pendant thing works much better under PP. I can do 0.0001" steps instead of 0.0005" steps.

One more thing. Is "Element" on life support? Everything on their website is identified as "Coming Soon". I really want to get their Mach4 conversion for Tormach, but coming soon. Is that coming soon as w/i our lifetimes or is it more like "Your check's in the mail"? Okay, that was more than three questions, but I never was really that good at math.

Thanks

Re: Three Questions and yes, there are dumb questions.

Do you have your limit switches turned off in settings?

I am pretty sure it is a complete install of the entire (XML in Mach 3) setup. They mention that you can install any update at any time without having to do the updates sequentially. I am afraid I am no help on the mill side. I only have the lathe.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    Do you have your limit switches turned off in settings?
    Bam, I don't know. Today I had to switch back to T-M3 in order to run a production job..I'll check tomorrow. I'm guessing they shpuld be ON.
    Entropy Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    I am pretty sure it is a complete install of the entire (XML in Mach 3) setup. They mention that you can install any update at any time without having to do the updates sequentially. I am afraid I am no help on the mill side. I only have the lathe.
    Lee. I think you're correct. Tomorrow I will try installing the Mesa card in a different slot and mat even re-install PP 1.9.2. Will also try running a Wiz generated program.
    Entropy Sucks

I moved the Mesa card from slot 8 to slot 7 then reinstalled 1.9.2. PP now stops after an M6 command and asks for a tool. Before it would skip "M6". Still giving me fits trying to set work offsets but I should be able to work through those issues. I've misplaced the operator's manual so I'm just hacking away.
    Entropy Sucks

It looks like G53 x0y0z0 will move the table and spindle to their machine zero positions. Seems to work Ok. Just be sure to first jog the spindle to a safe place.
    Entropy Sucks