Good evening

I have an HPC 6840 laser running lasercut 5.3 and one of the features of this machine which appealed to me was that it is possible to remove doors at the front and back of the machine to allow longer pieces of work to be accommodated.

I would like to capitalise on this feature by doing some long pieces of work typically 600 wide by 900 long, this will mean that i will need to register the material movement and design accurately somehow.

On Aspire 4.5 on my router, this is quite easy, it is built into the program, but this feature does not appear to be present in lasercut 5.3.

Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to achieve this with a good degree of accuracy please??, I am guessing I ignore the table size box on the program and draw the complete design then cut it somehow??? but I am not sure how. The work would be a combination of both vector cuts and engraving, so it will have to be precise.

Over to you good people, Thanks in advance.

On a separate tack, is there any other, more usable, software available to be used than lasercut 5.3 ? it really is archaic.