586,103 active members*
3,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Will this Lenze VFD work well w/ a chinese 2.2kw?

Will this Lenze VFD work well w/ a chinese 2.2kw?

Hello,
    I don't know a whole lot about vfd's and have read more than a few places that buying a home sourced vfd of better quality is the way to go! I'm about to pick up a:

Lenze ESV222N02YXB571 Variable Frequency Drive - 3 HP Max., 200/240 V, Single or Three Phase Input, 9.6 A Max., NEMA 1 Enclosure, with 2RJ-45 FOR MODBUS

The 2.2kw chinese spindles are 220, 400hz so I figured this one hits all the right notes. I have heard from a few places that some vfd's are only suitable for XXXX application and would like someones opinion on if a cnc spindle will work well with this particular drive.

I attached a few spec sheets if anyone is interested in that.

I have also looked at the wj200 from hitachi, and seems they run about 340$
    The lenze I found, I can get it for alittle less than that.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Will this Lenze VFD work well w/ a chinese 2.2kw?

blitz355

It's always better to go to a larger capacity VFD, ( 1.5 to 2 Hp bigger ) when running on single Phase, this VFD I'm sure will work, but will be border line
    Mactec54

Thanks for the reply,

Why would Lenze rate it at a 2.2kw vfd if it wouldn't work to the full capacity? My thinking would be that would only bring troubles to their front step if they advertised poor figures for their drives. This is me being skeptical. I don't see why single phase would matter vs 3ph input.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz355 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

Why would Lenze rate it at a 2.2kw vfd if it wouldn't work to the full capacity? My thinking would be that would only bring troubles to their front step if they advertised poor figures for their drives. This is me being skeptical. I don't see why single phase would matter vs 3ph input.

All VFD Drive no matter who the manufacturer rates the drive running on 3 phase, unless it is designed just for Single Phase, which in your case is not, all VFD drives will run on single Phase even if they are rated for 3 Phase only, if your drive has a voltage doubler built in then you could run, this drive for your Spindle

Not many have a voltage doubler built in, so unless it says this in the spec, you will need a bigger drive to run your Spindle, safely, as your drive will be derated when running on Single Phase
    Mactec54