586,103 active members*
3,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Where did you buy your linear rails?

Where did you buy your linear rails?

I need to pick up a few short rails for my lathe project. I was wondering where did you buy your rails? Are you happy with them? Who do you feel has the best bang for the buck?

Re: Where did you buy your linear rails?

I haven't used them myself, but this is supposed to be one of the best places to get Hiwin linear rails:

BST AUTOMATION - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling carrier travel,carrier belt,carrier and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I like my Hiwin rails yes they are hardened and yes they can be damaged careful I am.I have seen a lot of different sizes in the industry I work lubricated or neglected and they are amazing at lasting for ages.

I bought my rails from Anaheim automation. Tbi motion is the brand. Taiwan made. Seem to be very nice. I found them to be more cost effective than hiwin. Supposedly made by the same manufacturer as well

I was very happy with my purchase from BST Automation. Rails and 16mm pitch ballscrews. The 16mm pitch screws seems higher quality than the more commonly available Chinese 5 and 10mm pitch screws.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

I got mine from MISUMI USA: Industrial Configurable Components Supply Kinda expensive, but great quality. Plus they offer a 30% student discount

They roll super smooth, accurate as ever.

I don't know what size you are looking for, but we have some pretty good options at Automation Overstock. We will have ads running soon on this forum, so you'll be able so see some of the specific items we have in our North Carolina warehouse. Some items are Hiwin, but we also have some interesting NSK options.

For current-production linear guideways from Hiwin, our Automation4Less website is a good place to start. We stock literally thousands of bearings/carriages from the smallest miniature versions up to 65mm heavy duty...and miles and miles of rail. We have full cutting capability, so we can supply you with exactly what you need in a timely manner and at very fair prices.

At Automation4Less we also have 20 stock sizes of 1605 and 1610 rolled ball screws that are pre-machined for standard end supports...and a new offering of straight-cut and helical-cut gear rack. All available for immediate shipment.