586,326 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: CNC Clock

Threaded View

CNC Clock

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I have to admit, I'm mildly overwhelmed at the number of forums, so my apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My girlfriend loves two things (other than me); NYC and vinyl records. My goal is to make a clock face out of an old record (most likely an extra Sinatra I have lying around) with the NYC skyline silhouette. The top of the record would be cut out to leave the silhouette. I'm in the process of tracing the skyline onto a 12" diameter circle on AutoCAD, but this is time consuming and I feel there must be an easier way to go about this.

Basically, I'm looking to CNC the record, seeing as laser cutting would produce chlorine gas and damage the cutter. I plan on using a lower rpm and feed rate when using the CNC as well as a very small mill, but I have no clue how I can program this skyline into the part. If there is a program that could help with creating the g-code, it would be much appreciated. For reference I've included the image I am using for the skyline and another to get an idea of what it will look like when complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f56fa1e80a5af4b18874faa875b20b15.jpg