586,094 active members*
4,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Athc

Athc

Hello all,
    Do any of you that have plasma tables have one of these height controllers? To look at it go here:http://www.control-service.com/index_eg.htm
    click on products then scroll down to 'Height Controller'.
    At the address bar, replace the /arg/ with /usa/ and the page will change to english. I've had mine for about 5 years. Paid $350.00 for the board.
    It works ok for large parts but it's not practical for small parts. I like the fact that it has up & down push buttons for the torch, very useful when I use the oxy/fuel torch on my machine.
    I would like to here from you guys that have one how you wired yours to operate.
    I would also like to comment that this is a great site that I enjoy reading every chance I get!
    Attached Files Attached Files

For about $350 you can get a THC300 that works with MACH3 (intergated with the control software and has a tip volts readout so your not guessing at the setting). Comes with all power components and sensor card. You can set MACH so you can jog the Z while cutting using the normal jog controls. Also comes with a current sense transfomer and circuit to add Arc Good to any plasma unit.

www.campbelldesigns.com

If you want even better functionality with a built in interface for Port 1. driving of standard motor drives (up to 4 axis), auxillary relays and a fully digtial readout and reset ablility (from MACH of the front panel) then the MP1000-THC is the answer.

Works on parts of any size and fully automates palsma cutting if you use it in conjunction with SheetCAM (www.sheetcam.com)

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com