586,089 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Dun4Me

Talking Dun4Me

Anyone check this website out? It's a site where you can either post up projects to get bids on or join as a vendor and bid on projects. Most of have capabilities with our machines to make alot of the stuff on the site and earn little extra income on the side.

Dun4Me: Marketplace For Custom Made Items

Re: Dun4Me

Maybe it's early days but the site looks like every person with ADHD has posted their wishlist to be made there.

An empty FAQ, and the following quote for those wanting goods made would leave me a bit dubious about doing any work: "If you like the price, get it made. No obligation!"

No info on how payments are made or guaranteed upon completion, from what I could see anyway. Nice idea, but I think you'd be at the mercy of a lot of people with some nutty ideas, and we all know how they tend to pay.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    No info on how payments are made or guaranteed upon completion, from what I could see anyway. Nice idea, but I think you'd be at the mercy of a lot of people with some nutty ideas, and we all know how they tend to pay.

cheers, Ian
    You request to be paid upfront via paypal for the project before your start the work.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Rigg View Post
    You request to be paid upfront via paypal for the project before your start the work.
    So you can complete and send off the work, and they can then file a claim with Paypal for a bogus refund as is commonly done? That's the risk here as people aren't buying stock or off the shelf products, they are buying physical representations of ideas or concepts, and even with a lot of planning and prior agreement on the end result, there can be a difference of interpretation at any point in the transaction, leading to some angst.

I think until Paypal does something to stamp out the very frequent rorting by end customers, it seems a somewhat hit and miss way to potentially make small amounts of money, but with a very high risk of getting ripped off.

Obviously that's not the case in the majority of situations, but I think with ventures like this it's an important point to be considered.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    So you can complete and send off the work, and they can then file a claim with Paypal for a bogus refund as is commonly done? That's the risk here as people aren't buying stock or off the shelf products, they are buying physical representations of ideas or concepts, and even with a lot of planning and prior agreement on the end result, there can be a difference of interpretation at any point in the transaction, leading to some angst.

I think until Paypal does something to stamp out the very frequent rorting by end customers, it seems a somewhat hit and miss way to potentially make small amounts of money, but with a very high risk of getting ripped off.

Obviously that's not the case in the majority of situations, but I think with ventures like this it's an important point to be considered.

cheers, Ian
    The chances of getting ripped off would be about the same as if you were selling something on ebay or etsy in my opinion.

Some people will never be comfortable doing business via the interweb.

With Ebay and Etsy I don't think it's so much not being inclined to do business via the web, as it's simply a product access medium much like any other web presence. So just the usual amount of fraud and ripoff occurs. The issue I would see here as I mentioned, is that people are coming up with designs of their own desires on napkins, with possibly some unrealistic or impractical expectations that may never be fully realised or conveyed during the process.

As I said, it's not the case in too many I would certainly hope, but I think there needs to be better protections in place for the sellers in what would be quite obvious and blatant ripoff cases.

cheers, Ian