586,635 active members*
3,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Syntax: General Questions

Syntax: General Questions

Hello everyone, just started messing around with the Okumas at my job and have a few questions regrading syntax:

After digging around old programs it seems I can make custom variables?
    ()
    XSTART=.100
    YSTART=.100
    ()
    G1 X=[XSTART] Y=[YSTART] F.010

Is this the proper syntax to assign the X & Y values based on my custom variables ? What are the limitations when creating a custom variable, (character limits, certain letters you can’t use?..etc)

IF Statements:
    NAT60
    G1 X=[XSTART+.010] F.010
    IF[XSTART LT .120] NAT60
    Do I need a GOTO after the condition? Does it search for NAT60 going down the program, and if not found starts at the beginning of the program?

How can I assign a custom variable to a local variable?
    VC1 = [XSTART] Is this correct? Would this assign XSTART in #1 on my variable page on the controller?

When using local variables, is there some sort of string function to pull up the value of a local variable, say during a M00? Something similar to
    SIEMENS msg(“XSTART“<<R1) *R1 in this instance would be the value of XSTART if using Siemens

Thank you kindly, like I said just starting to mess with Okumas and want to have a good foundation to start off

Re: Syntax: General Questions

hy vibi local variables format : ** or **^ or **^^, where *=A..Z and ^=*+1..9

1st char to be <> N O P V, so to avoid confusion to block names, soubroutines, etc

examples : XS=1, XST=-1.23 XSRT=45/25

//

make that code shorter
    NLOOP G1 X=XSRT F0.01 XSRT=XSRT+.01
    IF [ XSRT LT 123 ] NLOOP

or even this

NOEX G1 F0.01 G95
    NLOOP X=XSRT XSRT=XSRT+.01
    IF [ XSRT LT 123 ] NLOOP

//

these will perform the same :
    ... IF [ ] NLOOP
    ... IF [ ] GOTO NLOOP

* will jump to 1st NLOOP adrress from begining of program, regardless of your IF position, thus search start is relative to program start, not to current executed block

even more, the search is done in current nesting level only, good to know if you wish to stack soubroutines

//

avoid NAT60, not because is not working, but such NAT** are more used in okuma codes for restart at tool index, so many have a habit to use it only for that ... like a fanuc guy, that has a habit for g28, so to speack

//

to pass local ( vanish with reset, power off ) to global ( resists after reset, power cycle ) :

XSTR=1
    VC1=
    XSTR

or

XSTR=1 VC1=XSTR

or

XSTR=1 VC[2]=XSTR

thus VC1 and VC[1] target same content, as global variables are array type ... or whatever

//

there is a function to pass strings, and i have to search the examples, that shows it in the allarm zone

please, feel free to ask anything, i am easy with coding / kindly

Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg