586,075 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Need material recomendations

I am begining a project, The project will be to "Hardtail" a 1976 Honda CB 360 T. I have already cut the rear section of the bike off; but I am not sure what type of tubing to use. Any Ideas ?

Incidentaly, this is my first post here. HOWDY

I would use mild steel DOM tubing.If you don't know the DOM stands for drawn over mandrel which is alot nicer tubing because you don't have the internal weld seam.It's a little more money but well worth it I think. Buy the way this is my first reply,post,etc.Hi everyone

Thanks Randy and this looks like a verry active board.

Hi Fixit 3546 mandrel drawn or seamed tube it doesnt really matter i use 2mm to 3mm wall thickness and when joining end to end with other tubes i fit either another piece of tube up the inside or machine a solid piece of bar so that theres about 25mm each end inside the tubes to be joined leave a root gap of about 3mm so the weld not only joins the tube but also the inner material used .Gee wiz i haven't seen a cb 360 for a some time.Be careful were you put your webbing as cracks can appear next to weld zones.hope this helps greg b