Hi all,

This is the first time I'm posting anything so sorry if I do something wrong!!

I have a problem - I'm developing an automated machine to grind soft materials (mainly cork), I have built several cnc's from scratch in the past, so most of the work was a walk in the park, but I'm really against the wall when it comes to the spindle/router I should use (can use is more what I want to say at this point).

Here's the thing, in the past I have always used hi-frequency spindle (tipicaly max.24000rpm) for my cnc's, be it the hwaianwhatever cheap ones or really nice ones from tecknomotor, depending on the needs - but now I need to use grinders that are between 40mm and 100mm, so I need torque at low rpm... I know if I buy a really good spindle I can probably get away with it, but I'm not going to make that kind of an investment in something that is really not going to be used properly, and that is probably goint to overheat (this is a machine that will be working hours on end).

One of my first thoughts, as I am even ready to forget the speed control, was adapting something like this - MSD13-0028/CONT | Parvalux MSD13 Inductive Reversible AC Motor, 1 Phase, 95 W, 220 V, Flange Mounting | Parvalux - but due to it's weight it's not a good solution. I have thought about just picking up a regular spindle and make a gearbox for it, but it would take too much space on the machine.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated as I'm really out of ideas and don't know of any spindle (or motor I can adapt) that fits the requirements...