586,114 active members*
3,310 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > 1996 Daewoo Puma 6G with M520L Control

1996 Daewoo Puma 6G with M520L Control

I purchased this machine used about 4 months ago and did not get any of the parameter books for the control or the lathe. I contacted Daewoo they told me to contact Mitsubishi for the parameters and Mitsubishi told me to contact Daewoo for the parameters. Can someone point me in the right direction on getting the parameters I need to get running and also any suggestions on CAD and CAM software to use. Thanks for the help

Re: 1996 Daewoo Puma 6G with M520L Control

The 6G is old and a Mitsubishi (there weren't many of them, so copies are sparse.
    The best two options that I could come up with are a Mitsubishi on a 6S and the generic for a Mits on most 2-axis machines.
    Hopefully you can get something to work from these two.

If you give me the exact serial number (from the placard on the machine, I might be able to contact Korea and get a generic version for a 6G with 520L

Side note: You did look in the pocket of the door of the electrical cabinet...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Puma 6s with Mitsubishi parameters.pdf   Puma with mits PMC parameters.pdf  
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Cool Thanks for the reply Back

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    The 6G is old and a Mitsubishi (there weren't many of them, so copies are sparse.
    The best two options that I could come up with are a Mitsubishi on a 6S and the generic for a Mits on most 2-axis machines.
    Hopefully you can get something to work from these two.

If you give me the exact serial number (from the placard on the machine, I might be able to contact Korea and get a generic version for a 6G with 520L

Side note: You did look in the pocket of the door of the electrical cabinet...?
    The door in the electrical cabinet is the first place I looked. The serial number off the placard is PM6G0238. Thanks for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by azpenngirl View Post
    The door in the electrical cabinet is the first place I looked. The serial number off the placard is PM6G0238. Thanks for helping me.
    This is from 1 serial number away.

Hopefully it helps, as it is the only thing we have.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Re: 1996 Daewoo Puma 6G with M520L Control

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    This is from 1 serial number away.

Hopefully it helps, as it is the only thing we have.
    Do you have any information on how to put in a 16c collet in the machine. Thanks