586,438 active members*
4,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need opinions about buyng 150w 1300x900 CNC laser machine from china

Need opinions about buyng 150w 1300x900 CNC laser machine from china

Hello guys, i'm from Estonia and we are thinking about opening a small family business - laser cut stuff. So we have desided, that we need a 1300x900 work area and 150w (so that we can cut 10mm plywood if needed)

So companies that are on list:
    Jinan Derek Laser Technology Co., Ltd.
    Jinan Omni CNC Technology Co., Ltd.
    Liaocheng Ketai Laser Equipment Co., Ltd.

Those 3 have quite similar price offer 4000-4500USD. Does anyone have good or bad experience with them?

A lot more expensive (about 2500 more) is Wisely Laser Machinery Limited , but they say they provide machine parts for Epilog, so their machine should be good quality ...? Wisley machine is also high speed and with 2 laser heads (1 for engrave and other cutting).

I also added PDF with info. So... what would you buy? 4100 dollars cheaper machine or 6600?

If you need any more info please ask
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wisley.pdf   ketai.pdf  

Re: Need opinions about buyng 150w 1300x900 CNC laser machine from china

Short answer is that you 1)only need 2 heads if you need to engrave or cut fine material,9 paper, fine fabric, etc. 2)can find companies with same prices and more feedback / buying experiences that those you mention. Quality is likely all the same if the specs are....never mind, wisely does look like belt drive is better, but ask for leadshine closed loop steppers on XY if you are going for the extra $, it will only add a few hundred and worthwhile in my opinion (recently put those on my shenhui, a machine like the kentai ).

Don't know if the wisely parts are worth the extra though.

Buy a spare, cheaper if budget tight, 80w tube. You'll thank me later if any tube issues. I bought a lot of spare parts too, although in hindsight probably too many (extra controller, stepper drivers, mirrors, lens, motors, belts, etc)

Thank you for your answer. I will add omni PDF also. There is not much reviews or Feedback for Ketai or Wisleuy OMNI is only one who has reviews. But i will ask for leadshine closed loop steppers for sure. thanks!

We are buying an Omni CNC right now, big one, and asked about some laser parts. They seemed expensive (questions asked and answers received by my brother not me) so not sure they would be top tier for laser in my mind. Obviously we feel contact and communication is good, buy I'd expect less room for good service if they are just reselling another's machine, which I think is probably the case.

At any rate, check WK laser and Shenhui, they are the two with note buying stories around. Red sail and jcut and thunder laser have a few too...you might see which ones can do a machine with parts like the wisely and compare.

Well, maybe Omni is assembling... Hi win bearings is a little higher spec than most, but not is any way I'd care about....but since there CNC machines are hi win, makes sense for them....same with mechanical limits switches and not proximity switches.

Anyways, the price looks good and if they assemble then a little more leeway for service, so probably OK to buy from. Price is better than I paid a few years back, by a little.

I asked now a price offer from shenhui also, and it is similar to omni and ketai. If shenhui has more reviews i will buy that one i think

Hi Sir,

Glad to see your problem here, which many of our customers met before. As our experience, there's several main difference between $4100 machine and $6600.
    1. The configuration of the machine body quite different, $4100 machine always use used metal plate, and just paint very beautiful. But $6600 will be very steady body.
    2. $4100 machine always don't offer any after-sale services, but $6600 machine offer lifelong time, and have at least 1 year warranty for the machine.
    3. $4100 machine always use a fade laser tube, at at most use for 2 months, the machine will can't work again. But the $6600 always can use at least 9 months long~
    So which machine you want to buy, just depends on you want a machine have good price but work short time or a machine price higher but work longer time.

If you want more good advice or more details about the machine you need, please just send email to me.

Best&Rgds
    Apple

Thank you all for answers
    At the end we will buy DEREK laser company laser with high ql parts, Will see how it goes

Hi,

This is Jenny from Jinan toyea company.

We are professional for cnc router and laser engraving cutting machine.

Any contact,feel free to [email protected] or [email protected] ,pls.

Any question,please feel free to tell me.

Jenny

So we bought Derek company laser. Overall we are happy and it runs great and we get to produce with it everyday. There are some problems with cutting table (knifes ar not as level as it should be , but we fixed it ourself).
    Would buy again from that company, but with live head (plywood is so curved and warped - it is just easier and some other things that my hubby knows best..

Hi,dear,

If you have any new purchasin plan,welcome to contact me.

For OUR MACHINE'S knife table,it do not need you to repair. :-)

Jenny

I've used these lasers quite a bit when I was there last year..

Lots of back lash on the cheaper models, they can't close circles all the time..

you have an unpleasant experience in the laser machine? So don't focus on the price only, just check the company and the salesman, these are more important for a buyer.

all chinese laser machine is similaer, I used to be an inspector of laser machine and in charge of aftersales, I advice u buy two extra stepper motor driver, belts,mirrors,lens, others no need.

Chencan cnc router from 1998.
    skype marylee0411