586,069 active members*
3,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

omiocnc X6-2200L, bad PSU?

Hello!

Just received my X6-2200L yesterday. Beautiful machine. Assembled easy. Hooked everything up, plugged it in, and jogged the axis around a bit, and all looked well. Went to the store to grab a tub for water. Hooked up the pump, began pumping, then proceeded to test the spindle. However, when i turned on the control box, the fan in the back didnt turn on, and the motors failed to self lock. No power going to the motors, but the vfd still turned on and display lit up....

Took the top off the control box and with a meter checked the wires going into the 40V PSU, and its receiving the proper 120V, but im not seeing any power coming out of the PSU to the stepper drivers.

I have sent an email to grace at omiocnc, and am awaiting their response. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, im all ears!!

BTW, no the Emergency stop is not pressed. ^^

Thanks!

Re: omiocnc X6-2200L, bad PSU?

The control card for these is powered by the USB interface.

So if it isn't plugged into a computer, nothing will happen.

Right but theres no power being output by the 40v power supply. and as soon as you turn the power on, the motors should all self lock. the control card may be powered by the usb but the 3 stepper drivers are powered by the 40v switching power supply.

Ah, I beg your pardon, I get it now.

I don't recall an ATX PSU style "turn the PSU on" control line on mine, just mains in and 40 out. That being the case, either it's not switching on or it's fried. Perhaps switch your meter to the 600V~ range and ~carefully~ check to make sure mains power is getting to the input side of the supply? If it is, then I'd be taking the supply out of the control box and checking for blown fuses. If they don't exist or are all good, then it's time for an email to Grace...

Well the video i posted shows me checking the L and N wires on the PSU showing the 120V going into the power supply, and i then switch my meter to DC and check the V+/V- for voltage going out of the PSU to the drivers and it shows nothing... so ive already emailed grace with the video and info etc, and am awaiting her response. Hopefully they rightfully offer to express mail me a replacement psu! crossing fingers...

Indeed, fingers crossed for a speedy resolution. How annoying!

Any chance someone knowledgeable about the power supply/drivers can point me in the direction of where to buy a replacement in case omio decides not to replace it? The one that's not working says S-400-40, and outputs 40v 10A, and I assume the 400 means its 400w? I'm having trouble finding a replacement myself, all I'm seeing is 48v with lower amps or the right amps but wrong voltage etc....

Hi , i have also a X6-2200L in the 220V Version.
    maybe you have the 220V version of the power supply inside and not the 120V ?

Greetings from Germany :wave:
    Marcus

here some Videos from my x6.2200L : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChn...MJoaM5spnj8EYg

I don't think the PSU cares, it's only the spindle that's different afaik... but either way it wouldn't explain why it was working before he went to the shops, and stopped afterwards.

Sounds like a goosed PSU really, will be interesting to see how Omio handle it. Have you tried finding a part number on the PSU and googling it?

edit, btw just in case you don't get any joy, a quick google for "40v 10A power supply" turned this up NEW 40V 10A 400W DC Regulated Switching LED Power Supply CNC With CE | eBay

Looks similar, just check the mounting holes on the bottom compared to the stock unit - I think they'll be the same but I don't have my machine to hand to measure the bolt pattern. There's a schematic on the last pic in that link.

If Omio won't replace it (and they should), they should at least give you the specs on a replacement one if you ask. They've been pretty handy when I've asked for information like that.

Mike, check your endstop switch wiring too: this configuration on the microswitches works for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20151019063907.jpg  

Hazzaa! Grace at omio has responded kindly this morning! Here's the email she sent:

Dear Dustin,

I'm sorry to hear that. our engineer has saw your video, the power supply seems to be stop working. we don't know the reason, it's a strange problem.

we'll send a new power supply to you. shipping from factory today, it'll arrive at our freight forwarder on this Wednesday or Thursday , then ship to you by DHL.

Best Regards,
    Grace

This speaks volumes to the customer service! So I now wait impatiently for my replacement...

Thanks for all the responses from you guys here as well! It's so helpful! Having other people gathered here with the same machines to share knowledge is great.

Knowing the luck I've been having, I'll probably receive the wrong power supply lol...

Good to hear you're moving forward.

I've been pretty impressed with how they've looked after me post sale too. Of course, a working power supply would have been better but these things happen.

Awesome, good job by omio there then.

Just finished another job on the 2200L... I'm a happy chap, it's a great machine. Just wish it came grounded properly lol.

Can any of you X6-2200 (or X6-1500 with USB) owners help me out?
    I bought an X4-800 some time ago and now want to drive my VFD from LinuxCNC. I already have an analog 0-10V signal but the hookup on the VFD side is a mystery to me.
    Can anybody perhaps make a high-quality picture , with the lid of the VFD opened such as here : http://imageshack.com/i/0rjgz3j
    I need to know how they hooked up the resistor and what the value of that resistor is.

Thanks very much in advance!

If no-one beats me to it I will, but it won't be until I next open up the control box which may be some time off. Perhaps ask Omio for a manual for the VFD?

I've sent them a mail a while back to which I got no response. Another mail to Omnio is underway, but I'm not expecting very much from them....

EDIT : just got a reply from Lance saying they can't help me "We don't have a retrofit guide" , I just asked him about what value resistor , how to connect the resistor and a manual of my NowForever VFD... I guess any non-standard support question is just too hard for these guys

I have sent them two emails in the last week and no reply thus far...

I asked him for a manual several months ago and was told that they didn't have one, which I found strange, but I didn't press him further.

Lance for Omiocnc, finally emailed me today. I mentioned that I was interested in purchasing a unit from hime but hesitant due to the lack of timely communications, I also asked if there was a manual to accompany the product, lets see how long and what he will say

Page 1 of 2 12