error, invalid command
    SOFTLIMITPOS0=1E+009
    ^
    error, invalid command
    SOFTLIMITNEG0=-1E+009
    ^
    error, invalid command
    Pos Limit Disabled Axis:0

Am I missing something, just starting to get everything setup so I can start tuning the servo's (Kflop and Kanalog feeding Westamp servo amps in a Hurco KMB1).

Also the motors are making a really annoying high pitched noise when they are stationary, any thoughts.

Cheers

Chris

Re: Odd Messages

What are you trying to do when the errors get displayed?

However, the commands are case sensitive, so those are invalid commands.
    Using console commands the following is the extract from the console command manual section (Script Commands) -
    LimitSwitch<N>=<H>

Description

Configures Limit Switch Options. Specify Hex value where:

See also Configuration Screen.

Parameters

<N>

Selected Axis for command. Valid range 0...7.

<H>

32-bit hexadecimal value:

Bit 0 1=Stop Motor on Neg Limit, 0=Ignore Neg limit

Bit 1 1=Stop Motor on Pos Limit, 0=Ignore Pos limit

Bit 2 Neg Limit Polarity 0=stop on high, 1=stop on low

Bit 3 Pos Limit Polarity 0=stop on high, 1=stop on low

Bits 4-7 Action - 0 Kill Motor Drive

1 Disallow drive in direction of limit

2 Stop movement

Bits 16-23 Neg Limit Bit number

Bits 24-31 Pos Limit Bit number

Example

LimitSwitch2 0C0D0003
    Within an initialisation file (.c file), the relevant configuration parameters are addressed as follows-
    Code:
    ch0->LimitSwitchOptions=0x100;
    	ch0->LimitSwitchNegBit=0;
    	ch0->LimitSwitchPosBit=0;

And the high pitched squealing might be due to lack of tuning and the servos trying very hard to minimise following error. If that is the case, the sound is the servos being moved forward/reverse at a very high frequency, and has the potential to very quickly overheat them and risk damaging them.

It's probably worth reducing all the tuning (PID) parameters to the default settings (P-0, I-0.01, D-0) with a large following error (10'000+ to be safe) until you get to tuning the servos.

Those messages are occurring when I use the Config and Flash screen to set parameters for the axis not me manually entering anything.

The noise is occurring even when all axis are disabled in Kmotion, the servo amp has a number of POT's on it I can adjust I am wondering if it is one of those. (Signal gain, Tach Gain, Balance, Current Limit, Time Constant)

Cheers

Chris

That seems a bit odd. Is your KFlop flashed with the same version as the software you're using?

If you connect your KFlop with the console screen opened, the currently flashed version should be displayed once the KFlop connects, or if already connected, just send the command "Version". The version of KMotion you're using can be found via the Help->About menu.

The latest version is 4.33q, which can be downloaded at http://dynomotion.com/Software/KMotion433q.exe

That may be the issue, I am running the Kmotion 4.32 (latest on the website Dynomotion Motion Control Boards for CNC Manufacturing and Robotics Applications) but I think the Kflop version is 4.30.

Where do I get the firmware to update the Kflop?

Cheers

Chris

And I done it again, forgot to reply about the servos!

It shouldn't be anything caused by the KFlop if they're also making the noise when disabled within KMotion. If the axis channels have not been configured, the worst they should do when not enabled/controlled by the KFlop is creep in one direction, however that would need them to still be electrically enabled. Provided they're not heating up, I wouldn't worry too much about it just now, as some servos do make some annoying sounds. If it really is annoying you, try reducing the signal gain, but make a note of how much you've adjusted it, and move it back once you start tuning,
    I'd imagine there will also be a tuning guide for the servo amps, so I'd try and find that and adjust accordingly before trying to tune via KMotion.

The firmware is included with the KMotion download, so just download and install the latest version, then hit the New Version button and follow the instructions.

edit - Officially 4.33 is still a test version, however there's been many improvements since 4.32, so Tom normally recommends using the latest test version.

Great I will try that next Thursday, out of town for a week, and report back!

Cheers

Chris