586,106 active members*
2,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Taig - xylotex variable rapid rates

I have a Taig mill run by a Xylotex board and Mach3. I have been machining AR lowers and having pretty good success. Now when i am using Mach3 to jog the table in the X direction it starts out fast and after a couple of inches of travel slows down dramatically barely a crawl. It will do the same thing on the Y axis but not on the Z. Where should I look for the problem? Board? Steppers? wiring? thanks

Re: Taig - xylotex variable rapid rates

Quote Originally Posted by cscheide View Post
    I have a Taig mill run by a Xylotex board and Mach3. I have been machining AR lowers and having pretty good success. Now when i am using Mach3 to jog the table in the X direction it starts out fast and after a couple of inches of travel slows down dramatically barely a crawl. It will do the same thing on the Y axis but not on the Z. Where should I look for the problem? Board? Steppers? wiring? thanks
    I am using Xylotex boards as well and have never seen this issue. However, I'm using the older boards (6-8yrs old); are yours from this era, or perhaps newer?

I can think of several scenarios where an axis can be caused to slow down, but right now I can't think of one that would permit it to start fast, and the slow down. Hmmm

Are you hearing anything unusual when the slow down occurs?

Lynn

Lynn - yes the boards are from the same era as yours. Seems to run g-code program fine, but when jogging starts fast then bogs.

one thing for sure is it would not be caused from the xylotex, or any driver for that mater,

I would look at the PC, Windows or Mach3
    Something is delaying the pulse train to the driver, if you have recently installed new software, uninstall it,

First try the low cost software stuff, re-install Mach3, and or a complete clean re-install of windows,

it's an unusual issue. Let us know what happens,
    Rockcliff Machine Inc.
    http://www.rockcliffmachine.com