586,123 active members*
3,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Looking to build my first CNC mill

Curtain rods - round, fixed only at the ends, unsupported in the middle. They're a trampoline in the middle of the range which, unfortunately, is where we work most of the time.

Next step up is the supported round rails which are better but still not great.

Next step up is square linear rails which are supported along the whole length and whose bearings are set up the best of all three for making sure the ONLY movement possible is along the rail (not twisting in any direction or allowing displacement sideways or up and down).

Now, throwing four of them in there might make up for it. But I wouldn't be going there if I wanted a machine that would do more than light cuts in balsa.

Don't forget that, additionally to that thousand bucks, you need to get servos, drivers, breakout, an upgraded spindle, VFD, hardware to hang it all together, cables and home stops and connectors, a housing to put the electronics in and so on and so forth. By the time you add all that up and factor in your frustration getting it going the X6-2200L I got starts looking like good value again.

after your post about curtain rods I started looking in your thread and noticed those nice rails on the X6-2200L you bought and I kinda got where you wanted with your first comment, thanks for pointing it out or else I would have missed it. That X6-2200L sure looks interesting but the shipping cost was very high also :X I'll definitely look closer into that machine!

Did you pay with bank to Omiocnc dharmic? I could get a 10% discount that way and that add up to a decent slump of money on such an order, but I loose buyer security that way

Nah, paypal seemed worthwhile in case it went runny.

I just received my X6-2200 last week. Bank transfer worked fine. Customs value was set to USD750. I received the machine within one week of payment. Delivered at my door here in Stavanger. I am yet to try anything tougher than MDF as I am still waiting for substrates and end mills to arrive. Setup was pretty smooth and I had the first successful test run within a few hours after some initial problems with the settings file. It is pretty much plug and play and should be able to cut aluminium just fine as long as you're using the right alloy, end mill and settings.

Thanks for the feedback. I do want to order by bank transfer but it seems very risky :X is there anyway to insure it or something in case anything goes wrong?

Basic manual work for me until I get my machine ^^ It does the job but I would have made that part in one part machined correctly if I had my router. Guess I can redo it when it arrives

Attachment 296992Attachment 296994

If you're worried about the bank transfer then pay via a different mechanism, you already know what that insurance is going to cost you.

Just check that PayPal will actually cover non-delivery or faulty delivery of items of that price. Perhaps pay via credit card via paypal, then you have your credit card insurance as well.

After all your postings about the X6-2200L I am also on the verge to make an order for it. I can, when it is installed, sell my 3040 key ready and get some of the funding back You mention something about 10% discount. Is this something you have gotten by speaking with someone in Omiocnc?

Yeah but I guess that guy was tired of me trying to get that 10% discount when using PayPal also cause now today he replied that it was back to the normal 4% discount and then I won't feel as bad for using PayPal. Maybe we could order combined shipping and same dive $$$ I can ship it North with Hurtigruten

I might take you up on that If you can get a decent price for one more unit (X6-2200L-USB - 3-axis) with shipping I am in on that (I would also like some additional stuff like a QGG63 HIGH-PRECISION VISE and maybe one mach3 licence). I am offshore and slightly bussy just now. If you pm me a phone number / email address we can take it there.

I ended up ordering one of these as well (4-axis). Didn't manage to get 10% discount, but I managed about 8% (doing bank transfer). Hopefully I will receive it in about 2 weeks time.

We are holding back a bit due to registering a company for it. Waiting for the documents to go in order now

I already have a registered company (personal company), but it is in hibernation mode at the moment so it was purchased in my name. Shouldn't be a problem to "move it over" if necessary, but that is not likely for now.

Page 2 of 2 12