586,121 active members*
3,509 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Don''t buy Renishaw

Don't buy Renishaw products , their service and customer attitude stinks , way below zero .
    unless your buying with big bucks , and can afford to bin the products , when they can't or won't supply parts for a current product

and they say their parts come under the US could be used in weapons etc , what a load of ballloney , so can a Led & a resistor and a plastic moulding according to them

so just a heads up , as to their real practices

Re: Don''t buy Renishaw

Huh.
    I've always known them to be extremely helpful, even to the point of lending software support to a system created by a third party machine tool builder that used their own software to control Renishaw hardware.

They've always gone out of their way to provide me with nothing but the best service in a quick, inexpensive fashion.

"and they say their parts come under the US could be used..." I'm afraid that is a confusing sentence; as far as I know they supply parts from Chicago, IL, but I do not know for certain where they are physically manufactured.

"could be used in weapons etc , what a load of ballloney , so can a Led & a resistor and a plastic moulding according to them " That, I believe, is a true statement, although I don't understand why they would tell you that a resistor could be used in weapons...

I guess the way your post is written makes it extremely difficult to understand exactly what business practices you are trying to share with us.

i could elaborate with a number of emails , between them and i , but for clarity i wont , i needed a simple replacement part for a JCP1M probe (consisting of a led,resistor , and a plastic moulding , the bottom line was they wanted to know if i was exporting it ( i'd already told them it was my own )
    and it ended up they dont supply parts for that model , so sent me an invoice for a new one , and which was $140 more than i could purchase one in the uk , so in reality that makes it disposable . not at $600 to me it aint . all for the sake of at most $3 of parts ,

so i'm now looking to dispose of all my renishaw probes . in fairness i have never had any problems getting spares from anyone , but these did take the biscuit , unfortunately i'm in the UK
    but never mind , i'll get over it LOL

I agree most companys bend over backwards these days

The LED module is only available in the complete assembly, the LED is not available stand alone.
    For only $338.00 they'll sell the module.
    I asked how much is a new replacement probe going to cost, the answer, $338.00!
    Evidently they consider anything under $3000.00 for a probe to be disposable.

Renishaw will not allow anyone to service there products, (they won't sell parts to a service center).
    All service work has to be sent back to them.

and thats by a friend in the US , so the UK is not alone
    (funny i was quoted the same cost in uk GBP ) which makes the US about 40% cheaper LOL

We have Marposs probes.I wonder what kind of deal Renishaw has with mastercam since its the only probe that will work with mastercam.It will cost $3500 to get Renishaw.

wonder if they are just mirroring your bad attitude.

if you're looking to to get into the weeds of surface mount electronics diagnosis and repair to ave $200 go for it.

Just don't drag the #1 probe maker down with you................

Quote Originally Posted by Melleroptics View Post
    We have Marposs probes.I wonder what kind of deal Renishaw has with mastercam since its the only probe that will work with mastercam.It will cost $3500 to get Renishaw.
    Theirs no good reason for any probe , not to work , with mastercam .
    it will only be a change of the postprocessor for any probe to work , there not rocket science.

My Mastercam dealer says it will only work with Renishaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Melleroptics View Post
    My Mastercam dealer says it will only work with Renishaw.
    not to hyjack thread, but are you the same guy starting this type of thread on other mastercam forums?
    if so the answer was provided quite well, as to use other probe solutions with MC