586,121 active members*
3,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Omni 1325 x and y axes

I have just bought an Omni 1325 , the machine has the y axis as the long axis and the x axis is the short one, the problem I have is that I want to cut plywood sheets from dxf files supplied from a designer, and I use cut 2d to process them and mach 3 to run the machine. The machine came with mach 3 installed so it seem to see the work table as y being 2500mm long and x being 1250mm. Can anyone recommend an easy way to fix this, either by changing the axes in cut 2d or in mach 3.
    Or would it be easier to use a different software package where I can re assign the axes.
    Needless to say I am a bit of a newbie at this so any advice gratefully received.
    Tony

Re: Omni 1325 x and y axes

You just need to rotate the drawing 90 degrees in cut2d. Make it around the center point of the sheet if already centered....obviously change your material sheet size in cut2d to match the omni's XY configuration too. My machine is same orientation and its not a problem I assure you.

Thanks for that, I was using an old version of cut 2d and there was a button for rotating but I couldn't seem to get it working, I have just upgraded to the latest version (pro 8) and it is easy to rotate, I have done a couple of tests and all seems fine , except that I am getting a yellow "abnormal condition" light on the program run screen and when I click on it it says " axis not refed to normal condition" , but it seems to work ok, another thing is that the spindle doesn't switch off at the end of the cutting so I had to switch it off manually on the screen.
    Another problem I am having (there have been a few and Omni technical support has not been very helpful) is that my dust extraction cover hits the red metal edge of the table when the cutter is at the edge of the table, can I remove it? the red metal edge I mean.

Attachment 296924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	296926

janetfdoss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    You just need to rotate the drawing 90 degrees in cut2d. Make it around the center point of the sheet if already centered....obviously change your material sheet size in cut2d to match the omni's XY configuration too. My machine is same orientation and its not a problem I assure you.
    What would be the best material to replace it? best natural gas grills

tony

at the breakout board you can swap X and Y ...
    I also made mine..

if you swap it, then you need to check limit switches, make sure they are on the right end of axises..

I know it doesn't sound simple at this moment..... but this would be the ultimate solution..

most manufacturer makes this way