586,110 active members*
3,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 6TB 086 alarm. Seems to be in program.

6TB 086 alarm. Seems to be in program.

I have an OLD 6tb control on a 1980 Kitaco lathe. This 086 alarm has been an intermittent problem for years. It doesn't stop me from running the machine but I see others are having this general problem also. What I've found in my situation is that it seems to be something the control doesn't like in the 1st 10+ lines of program.
    I run very short programs and load from 3 to 10 programs at once using 9999/read. I started having non-related trouble with the original memory board so got a larger cap used board out of LA.
    Anyway, the old board used to give me some trouble loading progs and it seemed to be something in the 1st several lines of prog that it didn't like. Over the years I diddled with the data lines and got it to where all my progs would load OK on the original board with no further problems. I recently installed the newer larger capacity board and now my program loading problem is back but not on all prog groups. I have a sort of header at the top of my program groups with data listing which programs are in that group, all data are inside parentheses so the control ignores it. I'm having trouble loading some of these "groups" now getting the 086 alarm. Usually if I remove this data header the programs will load just fine. Other times if I just delete an EOB or clear spaces in the early section of program it will work OK. As I said; I don't have to do this every time and I haven't bothered to notice if the same prog group will load one time and not the next.

I've seen where a couple people dug into their boards down to component level replacing chips etc but it may have been un-necessary if it's just a program character glitch or something.

Don't know, just throwing it out there.

JohnF
    Phoenix

Re: 6TB 086 alarm. Seems to be in program.

In the text of the program that you are uploading, there shouldn't be any EOB "symbols". just a return will do. Also check in the SET screen if "TV check" is on(should be off). Also, if there is a line feed in the middle of a block, this alarm can happen.
    There are buffer chips on the main board that handle the I/O, I know it's weird. The incoming data goes into the Memory board, through these chips, then back into the memory board. These tend to be shaky sometimes.