586,530 active members*
2,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Help!!!!!!!!!!

Phil here in CQ.
    totally new to this. Is there anybody in Central Queensland I can talk to. I keep native Australian bees and want to emboss the side of my bee hives with carvings of native bees.

Angry Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!

87 Views and not one Welcome, Hi, Giday mate or KMA.

Friendly mob.

NOT!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Fishyfill,
    Welcome and hi. I'm down in Vic. What type of machine do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFill View Post

Friendly mob.

NOT!!!!!!!!
    Not everyone on these forums is inclined to post responses for threads they don't have a solution or answer for Phil.

So I wouldn't be concerned if after only one day you haven't had a response mate.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hi Alan. I currently don't have a machine. I have been looking at one of those Chinese 3020s to carve beehives. I really want a full sheet plasma table to do security screens, gates and fence panels. That will be a separate project and my main source of income in semi retirement.

What about yourself?

Hi Phil. A plasma would be nice. I have two cnc routers. A 1200 x 1200 stepper and a 1400 x 2500 servo driven with a semi finished tool changer.

Alan

Friendly mob.

NOT!!!!!!!!
    Relax...

You posted a VERY specific question, remember????

"Is there anybody in Central Queensland I can talk to."

If 87 people have seen your thread (I never keep track of that figure when I post something) perhaps not a single one of those are from Central Queensland... ever thought about that possibility?

Hello ,What the thickness you want to cut? And the materials ?And how about your budget ?
    Sincerelu..........Seven
    Hi Alan. I currently don't have a machine. I have been looking at one of those Chinese 3020s to carve beehives. I really want a full sheet plasma table to do security screens, gates and fence panels. That will be a separate project and my main source of income in semi retirement.

What about yourself?

I would stear away from the plasma cut screens on the basis that here every one and their dog are doing them the most successful are those who can buy the steel sheet for 50 % less than any one else you may need to buy it by the Ton as was stated to me .

Cool Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by InMesh View Post
    I would stear away from the plasma cut screens on the basis that here every one and their dog are doing them the most successful are those who can buy the steel sheet for 50 % less than any one else you may need to buy it by the Ton as was stated to me .
    Thank you for the tip Meshy.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenQQ View Post
    Hello ,What the thickness you want to cut? And the materials ?And how about your budget ?
    Sincerelu..........Seven
    What I was hoping to do initially is carve images of bees on the outside of my bee hives. the timber is cypress 250mm x 150mm X 50mm. The actual carving would only be 3-4mm deep.I will see if I can post a photo of the type of outcome I am aiming for. Thank you so much for takingthe time to respond. Much appreciated.

Cool Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenQQ View Post
    Sincerelu..........Seven

i have uploaded some photos of what I am trying to achieve tho my members gallery.

G'day Phil, I hope you're still watching your post. I noticed you mentioned a little 3020 (Chinese machine), DO NOT BUY an ebay Chinese machine as the TB6560 that controls the whole thing is a piece of rubbish when it comes to micro step, and to carve bees...its micro step. They are fine for doing just text i.e. signage, but as soon as you try 2.5D (3D if you like) the chip will crash and destroy the job, I know this first hand unfortunately. As a matter of fact I've given up trying to get the machine going by myself and was just looking at some posts before posting a "help" request myself. A good local source for a machine would be Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart , if I was to buy a new machine, I'd be looking there first. They're a little lighter in construction but they look pretty good and most important LOCAL support (hell support at all). There's a LOT of choice in the price range $1000 to $5000, Stepcraft are around $2000 (pre-built). Good luck with your choice of CNC. Rob

G'day Phil, I hope you're still watching your post. I noticed you mentioned a little 3020 (Chinese machine), DO NOT BUY an ebay Chinese machine as the TB6560 that controls the whole thing is a piece of rubbish when it comes to micro step, and to carve bees...its micro step. They are fine for doing just text i.e. signage, but as soon as you try 2.5D (3D if you like) the chip will crash and destroy the job, I know this first hand unfortunately. As a matter of fact I've given up trying to get the machine going by myself and was just looking at some posts before posting a "help" request myself. A good local source for a machine would be Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart , if I was to buy a new machine, I'd be looking there first. They're a little lighter in construction but they look pretty good and most important LOCAL support (hell support at all). There's a LOT of choice in the price range $1000 to $5000, Stepcraft are around $2000 (pre-built). Good luck with your choice of CNC. Rob

Actually, the machines themselves are an awesome bit of quality at a budget price that nowhere else even comes close, but as you mention the TB6560 controllers are absolute garbage. As I mentioned in my earlier reply to your help request Rob, whack a G540 on any of these machines, and they perform fantastic.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Actually, the machines themselves are an awesome bit of quality at a budget price that nowhere else even comes close, but as you mention the TB6560 controllers are absolute garbage. As I mentioned in my earlier reply to your help request Rob, whack a G540 on any of these machines, and they perform fantastic.

cheers, Ian
    Thanks guys. Your input is very much appreciated.

Phil