586,058 active members*
4,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Wiring an Inductive Proximity sensor for TB6560. How?

Wiring an Inductive Proximity sensor for TB6560. How?

I have a 4 axis TB6560 (blue) control card and an inductive proximity sensor which I need to connect to the control card and read trough Mach3. I really am not good with electronics so I need help on this.

I believe I can't connect the 3 wires from the sensor directly somewhere on the card, I can power up the sensor from an external power supply however. So what about the signal wire of the sensor?

The sensor I have is CARLO GAVAZZI ICB12SF04PO SENSOR, INDUCTIVE, 4MM, PNP-NO, 10-36VDC

Any help would be appreciated.
    Best,
    Suat

Re: Wiring an Inductive Proximity sensor for TB6560. How?

You are more than half way there. The only thing you need to determine first is the voltage level compatibility between your sensor and your TB6560.

Looks like your prox sensor will operate anywhere between 10 and 36 Vdc. In a quick search I could not find an input voltage level spec for the TB6560. I saw that it can be powered in the same range, but didn't see anything regarding inputs. If it is compatible with the power level you have you're sensor at, and your ground or DC negative is common, you just connect your sense line to your desired (limit?) input on the TB6560. Piece of cake.

Hi,

I have a small 12v power supply for the cooling fans in the control box. I can feed the sensor with it so theoretically only thing left is the signal cable. If I'm not wrong.

Step 1: Dump the TB6560 and get a real driver.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

He he yeah but unbelievably mine works very well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly... they work very well... until, suddenly, they don't. And then you buy a replacement, thinking it was a power spike or that a wire came loose or something you did caused the failure. And that one works for a while... until, suddenly, it dies as well... oh well, you say... and buy another...

It's brilliant marketing. Make a mousetrap that breaks itself randomly and the world will beat it's way to your door.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)