587,008 active members*
3,587 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Very limited training, and my trainer quit.... Any help would be much appreciated

Very limited training, and my trainer quit.... Any help would be much appreciated

So i'm pretty certain the CNC I am attempting to learn how to program is a Biesse 346. I work for an architectural door manufacturer. My trainer taught me how to program and cut lites out of doors, but the training stops there. (he moved on to greener pastures) I am interested in gaining as much knowledge as possible, but for now I would settle for finding out what a 9162 error code is. It started happening a few days ago, the program would be running, and it would get interupted (at different points) and pop up the 9162 error code. I stopped the program, raised the head, and globally homed the machine. That worked the first few times, then I had to restart the whole machine when it stopped working, but now the error code is popping up BEFORE I can globally home the machine. therefore making any movement impossible, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically on my own, with my boss breathing down my neck, asking me how long it will take to teach myself how to cut "quirks"(straight horizontal, and vertical lines), inlays, circles, radius, and how to attach and use the aggregate. For now I would settle with just getting the machine running again so I can cut some lites! Thank you in advance. I will try to respond to any suggestions as soon as possible. Preferably while I have the machine in front of me.

Re: Very limited training, and my trainer quit.... Any help would be much appreciated

but for now I would settle for finding out what a 9162 error code is.
    If you don't have a manual that lists the error codes, then call Biesse.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically on my own, with my boss breathing down my neck
    If your boss wants the machine to make money, he should pay for you to get 3-5 days of training from Biesse.

Machines like this are incredibly hard to learn on your own. Every one is a bit different, and they change from year to year. In 5 years, you might learn 1/4 of what you would learn in 2-3 days of training.

My preference for programming is AutoCAD and a CAM program that will post to your machine. It's usually a lot faster than using the proprietary software that comes with these machines.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Very limited training, and my trainer quit.... Any help would be much appreciated

I really appreciate you answering my post. I do have a manual, but I don't think it's the one I need because I couldn't find a list of error codes. I'll try and contact Biesse tomorrow during work.
    And suggest to my boss (again) that some training is really his only option at this point. Thanks again, and have a good one.