587,067 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New TL-2 Pictures!

Here are a few pictures of my new TL-2 :banana:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010054.jpg   P1010057.JPG   P1010058.JPG   P1010063.JPG  

P1010064.JPG   P1010067.JPG  

Hi AMCTony, congratulations for nice machine. i have a TL-3 HAAS lathe and its a good machine. I have a question, what version of software do you have on your new tl-2? May you put some screenshot of the screen.

Sorry for my english.

Alain

I'll post some screen shots as soon as I fire it up.

Beauty - Many Congratulations !!!

What you going to use it for ?

Nice machine and it is good to see one with the Doors still on it. BTW: will she take 16C Collets?

It's too bad that you'll have to get it dirty soon.

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

We are going to use it for short runs (e.g. 10pcs or so) and prototypes. I checked into different spindle noses that you can get for it and it will easily accept 5C, 16C, 2J, 3J, and 22J. 22J will accept 2.250" bar but the collets are a bit on the pricy side. I plan on putting doors on my TM-1. I am fed up with the mess it makes. It would be one thing if it just droped crap on the ground. Instead, it throws chips every direction in a 15 foot radius. It should not be a big deal building an enclosure for it. I cant complain to much though. The TM paid for itself and the new TL-2 so I guess that if it wants to toss chips everywhere, it has earned it. This would be a good project to post here in CNCZONE. I am sure that there are more shops out there that want to enclose theirs as well.

I wish mine had the enclosure on it. Thing spits coolant all the way across the shop. I was going to say though, it's way too clean. Start making chips man!

Nice!
    Are you going to machine any of that unexploded ammunition?
    If you try to make everything idiot proof, someone will just breed a better idiot!

Power is on, Chips have been made... and there was much rejoicing!

No ammunition exploded during the writing of this post.... Yet.

Hi AMCTony, do you programming your HAAS lathe with any cad-cam software?

Alain

I am currently using the haas quick code. It seems to be sufficent for lathe parts as they are pretty straight forward.