586,069 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Anyone using CNCdrive parts???

Anyone using CNCdrive parts???

I have a mill that was Fanuc controlled. It still has the Fanuc AC servos fitted, and I'd quite like to keep AC servos on the machine, and run it using MACH3.

From the info on there website it looks like the CNCdrive AC servo drive will run the Fanuc servo ok (just might need to change the encoder to a standard 2500ppr one)

It looks like CNCdrive do all the parts needed (including an industrial PC) and at very good prices, but there doesn't seem to be much about them on any of the forums.

Would like to know if their stuff is any good and if anyone has any experience of it??

Re: Anyone using CNCdrive parts???

Hi Angaeng, I too am considering to use CNCdrive as they look quite sturdy and up for the job. I have also had alook at Granite devices but way too expensive. Is there anyone on the forum who can give us any feed back on these drivers?
    Thanks
    Marteng
    Martin G

Re: Anyone using CNCdrive parts???

A lot of the Fanuc servos have a special commutation technic for the ac servos and cannot be used directly unless you have a Fanuc drive to match it. Their IS a converter board made by someone in teh Lcnc community.

(;-) TP