586,035 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > The perfect cnc machine for cutting Carbon Fiber sheet within a budget of $5000-$6500

The perfect cnc machine for cutting Carbon Fiber sheet within a budget of $5000-$6500

Looking to buy a desktop style cnc with an approximate work area of around 24"X36" hoping to score a good user friendly machine and apply a good user friendly software to it or have it included, whatever the best deal is? Any of you pro's out there cutting composites that can throw me a bone and lead me in the right direction? Any and all help is considered extremely valuable, and will be considered in the decision making process. I just want my first machining experience to be tried and true, as well as enjoyable. Thank you in adavance for all your help.

Re: The perfect cnc machine for cutting Carbon Fiber sheet within a budget of $5000-$

Hello Sir,
    Seven from China.
    I think I can give you some help.
    May I know what thickness of carbon steel you want to cut ?
    We don't produce this kind of machines,but there are some in
    my country.also I have some friends in the similar field.
    Looking forward to see your reply.
    Sincerely..........Seven
    Quote Originally Posted by VastGolem View Post
    Looking to buy a desktop style cnc with an approximate work area of around 24"X36" hoping to score a good user friendly machine and apply a good user friendly software to it or have it included, whatever the best deal is? Any of you pro's out there cutting composites that can throw me a bone and lead me in the right direction? Any and all help is considered extremely valuable, and will be considered in the decision making process. I just want my first machining experience to be tried and true, as well as enjoyable. Thank you in adavance for all your help.

Re: The perfect cnc machine for cutting Carbon Fiber sheet within a budget of $5000-$

up to around 6mm carbon fiber sheet

Save some of that money for a good dust collection system; carbon fiber makes some of the worst dust there is.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

My intentions are to use a wet area to protect both the equipment and myself, really just need to know what the dependable machines are.