586,301 active members*
3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Centurion 5 - creating a report file

Centurion 5 - creating a report file

I have written a program to digitize an object. Using POPEN to create a file then DPRNT[#208 #209 #210] in a while loop I think I should be capturing the coordinates. The problem is I can't find the file. In fact I can't figure out how to manipulate files (versus programs which of course are files...but). My understanding is that I set the file name in the miscellaneous parameters, then do a POPEN P0 and close the file with a PCLOS.

Can someone tell me how to get to the file and write it to the floppy?

Also is there a way to get to DOS?

Thanks

Re: Centurion 5 - creating a report file

Here is some code I culled from a series of programs I wrote for a client that does engine cylinder heads, maybe it will help.

PB81=4 (SETS SPECIAL FLAGS TO 4 TURNING OFF CUTTER COMP)
    PB208=1 (TURNS ON PROBING)
    POPEN P# (P0 TO REPORT FILE SEE MISC PARAMETER "REPORT FILE")
    (P1 TO COM1 IF IT IS BLANK, IT GOES TO A FILE)
    (P2 TO COM2 CALLED "REPORT.DAT")
    D[P260] G43 H[P260] (MAKE ACTIVE TOOL OFFSETS)
    P106=P261 (MAKES PROBE RADIUS EQUAL ACTIVE TOOL RADIUS)

G17 G0 X(value) Y(value) (MOVE TO STARTING POINT)
    G1 F(value) Z(value) (FEED TO Z CLEARANCE)

(CREATE A WHILE/WEND LOOP HERE TO CONTROL MACHINE POSITIONS)

N1
    PROBE 1 X(value) Y(value) (FEED DOWN UNTIL PROBE HITS)
    PLOT (COMMENT THIS OUT IF YOU WANT)
    DPRNT [X#208 Y#209 Z#210] (WRITE OUT CURRENT XYZ POSITIONS)

GOTO 1 (REPEATS CYCLE UNTIL FINAL XY POSITION)

N3 WEND

PCLOS(CLOSES SERIAL PORT IF USED)

G32 (Z UP TO TOOLCHANGE POSITION)

PB81=0 (SETS SPECIAL FLAGS TO 0 TURNING CUTTER COMP BACK ON)

The MISC parameter REPORT FILE can put a file any place you want, just give the full path to it.

You can get to the DOS prompt by getting into Level 3. Then you can shell out to a prompt from the Display menu, or you can exit to a prompt from the Set-up menu.

thanks, this got me on track. I can now create and access the file.
    I seem to have a problem with my floppy, but that is a different issue I can work on.

I'm glad to help.

Send a PM to SportyBob, he can supply you with a floppy emulator kit that eliminates floppy drive problems.

Any cheap floppy emulator seems to work. I replaced the one on our machine with a 15$ one I got off of Amazon and it works create. Just realize you must either use SLS cam or use a Cam package or something that is going to create an ALL Files file extension and it should work.

Hi BBusch, Glad to hear you got your $15 drive working, Most cheap drives don't work as "advertised". Not sure what you are referring to as " you must either use SLS cam or use a Cam package or something that is going to create an ALL Files file extension and it should work."

My drives do not require any such, "you must either use SLS cam or use a Cam package or something that is going to create an ALL Files file extension and it should work." don't know what an " all files" is.

My drives are not " hencho en China" mine also have 100 floppy sectors ( = 100 floppy disks) and will work with 32 and 64 bit PC's. for the software the will transfer the files to the thumb drive.

I also have a program I wrote that allows you to Zip a file and unzip it into the control, It will allow ~ 4.5MB file to be zipped and fit on a floppy / my emulator, it does require a control with a hard drive, or SBC control with DOC / CF, ( F10 util, F8 info) to unzip to see if you have a "DOC or CF control. ( DOC = Disk on chip, CF= Compact Flash)

PM me for more info. I am here to help

Sporty Bob

I just installed one of Sporty Bobs floppy drive emulators and it works great . Now I can save all my programs in groups relating to the program #'s , on the supplied flash drive . This also allows me to archive my programs on my win7 PC with the supplied software . I can view the text file as a WORD or wordpad doc . This is helpful if I want to add notes and then print a hard copy for reference .
    Yes I also saw those ebay drives for 15-20 bucks . I am happy that you have the skill to make it work by yourself .
    Many of us just want to plug it in with minimal hassle and get back to making chips .
    Who you gonna call if you need tech support ?
    Bob